Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
they usually turn out to be the parts manual that is available free on the Ducati web site pluss some fairly useless info.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I ordered one from my dealer. Took 2 months and cost $50. If you just need a particular procedure, drop me a line.

mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey there,

You should first download the parts catologue from the ducati site, this will give you a good idea of how everything is put together. I bought the Haynes Ducati 600,750, 900 2 valve manual and teh Ducati 748, 916 & 996 4 valve manual. Don't be scared off from these manuals beccause of there date ranges. The ducatis have remained basically the same. I have a 2002 S4 and my wife has the 620. I have not come across any conflicting data in these manuals, and they tell you how to do things, and save you some bones for other purchases. ;)
Also check out www.ducatisuite.com and www.ducatitech.com for other tech articles. Have fun

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, I guess i'll try to get one from my dealer . I'd like to have one on hand just to check out.

G

·
$50!! My dealer said $80-100 and 3-6 months. Any checks noted for the temp sensor that feeds the ECU? It is located behind the headlight.

G

·
Don't buy those CD's that are always on ebay!!

All they are is the owners manual and the parts manual, both of which you can get for free off the Ducati site.

There is some other totally worthless garbage on them, too. The stuff is some random pictures and some items that look like posts to an internet BB on how to do wheelies, etc. Very worthless.

I bought one for $1 (+ $4 shipping), and it wasn't worth the $5.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Murrill,

I checked the manual last night and the only thing it says about that sensor is to check it with the Mathesis tester.

G

·
Thanks..
That figures..I guess they assume we all have the full set of factory tools. Maybe Haynes will come out with a F.I. Ducati manual before too long. They seem to get around special tools when they can.

Did you notice if the manual said if the sensor monitors temp or barometric pressure?

Thanks again
ED

1 - 12 of 12 Posts