Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've noticed and have the same feeling about not trusting anyone with servicing my bike. Spectrum seemed pretty expensive. and i'm not liking what i'm reading about ECS. Does anyone have a shop they trust?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My bike is at BHDucati right now, they found a vert cyl gasket leak, which is satus quo for my year from what I've been reading on the board.

I'll let everyone know how well that repair goes, and how well it holds up. So far they have been VERY cool to deal with regarding repairs.

I hear good things about Duc oceanside.

G

·
Evoluzione in Simi Valley seems to know their way around a Duc and they were also recommended to me by Doug Lofgren and Tom Manley. I haven't talked to Oceanside yet but every other shop I have talked to came up short....some were so bad I can't even comment.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Oceanside has done alright by me. Brandon, the head mechanic, has my bike running very smooth. I have a total of 10.5k on it, so I have had some experience with them.

Rideon

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spectrum is almost 400 for a 6k service on a 2 valve. i was under the impression 300 was the going rate. when you go to oceanside do you take the train back? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I second Evoluzione in Simi. I've taken my bike for dyno and other minor work and Ken handled my bike as if it was his. They don't open on weekends but they will schedule you for drop-offs on Saturdays. Price seems to be reasonable compared to other dealerships.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Oceanside Ducati is usually able to accomodate a weekday appointment in a day or two, if you want Saturday book early in the week. They have 3 full-time techs and have cut the backlog way down. The train station is 2 blocks away. Have a dyno as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been very happy with Scott Waters/Motoservizio, but if I need warranty work I'll probably make the trip to Oceanside.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yea brandon at oceanside ducati is one awesome tech. I'd trust him with my bike any day of the week, enough not to question any suggestions he makes or prices he charges me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts