Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
woah as a followup to that (from the webbikeworld review)...

"It is noted that the color red, used for fire fighting equipment, is one of the least visible of vehicle colors. Optometrists note that, for its high visibility, lime yellow should be used by fire and rescue teams, as well as favored by trucks and car buyers. Lime yellow falls in the middle of the color spectrum (Schuman 1991)." Shuman M, Traditional Red Colors Safety, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, April 1991;2: 22-24.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I wear a solid bright yellow HJC CL-SP helmet. The Shoei RF-1000 is available in the same color. That's about the most-visible color you're going to come up with.

What I don't understand is why most helmets aren't painted with retroreflective paint.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE

Got the Scorpion EX-700, Neon Green. HOLY CRAP it is bright. I sat it on my couch this evening... as the sun was going down it KEPT ON GLOWING. Seeing as the only accident I've ever been in (knock on wood) was from someone not seeing me and making a u-turn into me... I like it already. It was also not too pricy (200) and feels very well put together. Also, its my first brand new helmet in 5 years of riding. totally into it. woo hoo.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've got a Shoei in bright yellow. I also wear a Joe Rocket yellow mesh jacket in the summer. It's hard to beat bright colors, especially yellow or bright day-glow green. Being seen is really important.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know of a high-visibility / fluorescent motorcycle helmet that's presently sold besides this guy: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/scorpion/exo-700-neon/

Anyone have a reccomendation? My fallback is the RF-1000 in red, which would match the bike, but is semi-pricey.
I know of one like that very similar that's sold locally, but in very short supply. Maybe try ebay, they usually have everything. Worst comes to worst you might just have to buy from that guy =/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts