Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
It sounds like Red Duke was trying to get us together to go to the bike show/Hooters in February. That's seems most feasible. The last time I tried to organize a meeting only MochaHooligan, myself, and our girlsfriends showed. However, the bike show should spark up something for our depressing, non-riding winter!

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm all for the bike show on the 7th, but would prefer to go in the morning. Then after the show lets go to Hooters. I want to pick up a jacket I'm thinking.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, no Hooters for me, i usually spend the entire day at the show, or at least as long as the wife will let me, plus i will be on the L i belive
enjoy the day, hope we can hook up come summer
later
Roger

G

·
Hey Guys,
I'm obviously new. And glad I finally found some people in the area. Is anyone going to the bike show on sunday?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure if MCC is doing it, but IL harley has $1 off tickets for the show, just show up at the dealer and ask for the $1 off tickets
later
Roger

G

·
BY the way, Checking out the other boards I realized you all are in some kind of club. Since I've traded up too the duc (and the guys at the yearly Triumph rally told me to stop putting my monster in their Triumph only bike show),I think I need a different scene. Any info would be appreciated.
P.S. The first time I won a plaque signed by Gary Nixon
(HaHa Brit Bike riders)

G

·
Most of us live in the Chicago and surrounding areas. We just got organized this past fall so things are developing. Keep your eyes posted and you're welcome to be a part of our forum.

R.

G

·
I'm just glad someone in the area started something. When I was at the last Triumph ride someone was giving the Chicago chapter pres. a hard time because there were only 3 members. I know there are more than a few monster owners around and to ride one is to love one. Hopefully we can build something in the area every one can be a part of. If I can be of assistance just say the word.
Bob

G

·
Spongebob...

Roll with us man for the show. I had been trying to get a gathering going for a while and then all of a sudden all these monsters popped up out of nowhere. All of us are from different careers and backgrounds and everyone is mad cool.
You don't find that very often when you put strangers together. I'll never forget the day when we all met. It was cool.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Welcome Bob, the more the merrier! You don't have to worry about anybody givin anyone a hard time about anything. As Ruben said, we are a fairly new group. Just be cautious cuz Ruben is a self appointed dictator. He thinks he's all big and bad cuz he got to sit on an S4R. I coulda sat on it too ya know. Yeah, I coulda! I was right there, lookin at it too. He just beat me to the seat. I'm not bitter or anything. Just kinda gets old ya know.
Jason: "Hey Ruben, how ya doin man?"
Ruben: "Good, you? (I sat on the S4R)"
Jason: "Huh, what did you say?"
Ruben: "I said good, you? (S4R, that seat, my a$$)"
Jason: "WHATEVER psycho!"
Don't say I didn't warn you! But come, enjoy!

G

·
Don't let Jason fool you Spongebob.
You see, I was on my way to getting on my bike when Jason, the well known Monster mod secret keeper, threatened me to sit on the bike and strongarm'd me to take a picture on it. I wanted to get away but the time it takes to warm up my bike would have been disasterous. I was scared man!
But I'm cool, just watch out for him. He has a picture our our bikes, but he's the one with the bike we've never seen!

R.

G

·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I wish I could go on saturday but I work, I will be going on sunday though. Gotta get some pants ( Please no puns ). I'm sure we'll hook up sooner or later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts