Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 2004 Monster calendar still going to happen?

When does voting begin?

Was someone else going to produce it, or were you planning to have me put the photos in place? (I have everything else ready to go, in case I end up doing my own anyway.)

Just curious...

G

·
I guess I will have to submit a picture soon. I have been holding out for a nice day to get some shots of my bike. But time is running out. I guess it will be one of those VIR shots.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Voting begins this Saturday... if you 're in Calif, you have until Friday to take photos... since it looks like it's gonna be clear all week.

G

·
Its snowing here. And its not going to get any better. And teh Monster in the snow has been done. I wish we could be allowed to submit 2 or 3 images each, but only allowed to get one on the Calendar.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott, didn't you read the calendar thread. It's sticky at the top of this forum. Voting begins the 5th.
The only post mentioning that was the first one on the thread. I was hoping that those running the calendar this year would post a note indicating how many photos have been submitted and that however they're handling votes is ready for prime time.

I don't even know how to specifically identify the photos for voting. It's unclear if you just check the little "[] Vote for this pic" box or if some other method will be used. I didn't see anything that restricted who could submit photos. There was definitely nothing to prevent multiple submissions by the same person.

So, are we really set up for proper voting?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I'm not sure how the vote checkboxes are supposed to work. I was still planning on taking the votes by individual e-mail in a manner similar to how it was done last year (copy a form into an e-mail with voter and vote info).

You're right, the photos need to have some kind of unique identifier. Maybe DJ can number the photos on the web page. If not, I'll copy the thumbnails onto a new page with instructions on how to vote.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Its snowing here. And its not going to get any better. And teh Monster in the snow has been done. I wish we could be allowed to submit 2 or 3 images each, but only allowed to get one on the Calendar.
Oh, for CRYING out loud, Dennis.

You're a professional photographer. A professional motorcycle photographer, no less. With, one assumes, the professional software and skills that compliment your title. Sure the "Monster in the snow" has been done. So has the Monster on the race track, the Monster by the lake, the Monster in the field, the Monster on the side of the road, even the Monster in the garage has been done. They have all been done. You're a professional, aren't you? Either do something different, or do it better...but please don't whine.

Not only do we have a ringer in the game, but he's a crybaby who does not want to play by the rules...sheesh.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
1) ... as far as submissions go, maybe you can put the submitter's DML userID next to the photo.

2) Numbering the photos sounds like a good idea.

3) Dennis, how about a Monster in a cornfield? or a Monster in a tunnel? or a Monster next to a Lamborghini or Ferrari? or a Monster next to a military jet?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, when checkboxes span multiple pages you don't really know whether you can select stuff from page 1 then go to page 2 and check more, or whether you have to "vote" on each page. Kinda confusing...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
make a thumbnail page that scrolls vertically that is strictly used for voting + a description. if you can make a java "shopping cart" type voting app so that when you vote, your shopping cart shows which photos you voted for, that would be nice. Not sure though if that's too much work!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I agree. I'm a bit disappointed in the voting code built into this new version of Gallery. Let's just stick to the plan of sending the votes to the Rev.

I was planning on going through the pics and numbering them on the 6th, when voting will begin. I'll also remove the 'rules' section and replace with a set of voting instructions.

I also figured that once the voting is complete, I'll yank all but the final 12 pics in ranked order so that everyone can see who the winners are.

Thus far, most people have submitted their DML handles with their pics, but a few are missing. I'm not worried though, as we can figure that out after the voting.

-dj

G

·
A ringer? Me? I do fast food photo's. There is not much art involved. Just video game point and shoot skills. I was just hoping to get a nice shot of my bike out in the country with its dual headlights. I woke up ealry today hoping to get out cold or not. And there are 2 inches of snow on the ground. Bummer!!! I wish I took those VIR pictures with my real camera. I use a point and shoot that I keep with me all the time. It will have to do.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
BTW, there are now 32 pics in the submissions gallery. If you have any shots, get them in ASAP!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i was just toolin around in the gallery, and it seems if i check a box on page 1 and go to page 2 and check a box, when i go back to page one my check is gone. is this because voting hasnt begun, or will i have to hit the "vote" button for every page?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I think the voting page needs to be 1 page so you can see all your choices instead of going through different pages and figuring out which ones to choose from by flipping through each page individually

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
hmm, good idea. How's it look now Daffe?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
DJ, that's cool. When you ge a chance, could you number them in some obvious way and get rid of the vote check boxes to reduce some confusion?

Also, there are a couple of photos that aren't even close to the suggested minimum resolution and a few more that aren't quite there. Should we remove those photos from the gallery before voting commences if the submitter doesn't have a better quality version of it?

--Fillmore

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I was thinking about the resolution problem last night as well. I'll move them to the end with a warning that they're rez is too low and that the owner needs to post a higher-res shot asap.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Just cleaned up the captions a bit. I'll start a new thread asking people to claim their shots.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts