Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had much inclination to do wheelies and in fact have never tried. (Hold all insults and derogatory remarks - my skin is scar free and my bones are fracture free after 53 years on this planet)

Today I was at the red light. I had filtered forward to the front of the long queue. I know the pattern of the light phasing so was prepared for a prompt take off.

The BMW beside me obviously was pissed I had "jumped" the queue and on the green he made a very quick take off just as I moved . I felt the car right up on my flank and closing like six inches away. As I was still slipping the clutch a bit...I opened up the throttle to escape the impending danger.

Instantly the front wheel lost any sense of responsibilty to gravitational forces and lifted to maybe a foot of the road. Ohhhhhhhh so niiiiice . 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8). Front wheel regained contact with the road perfectly controlled by my new found skill and dexterity.

Needless to say the BMW (fekn pr*ck)was left behind in my after burner and the resonance of my open Arrows.

I must have another try at this (without the BMW in attendance) sometime soon. >:D

·
Registered
544 Posts
one wheelie and he's ready to be Burt Munro. I love it.

Keep smoking righteously indignant yuppie scum off the line, and they'll be making a movie about you. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
No scars & no broken bones in 53 years? Hang out with me for awhile & we'll turn you into a real (wrecked) man.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Funny that my first wheelie on the Monster was under similiar circumstances. It startled me but the adrenaline rush made me the hooligan I am today.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Im afraid to do a wheelie, I dont want to lose control of the bike at all. You guys do it all the time now?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
pm spidey for wheelie tips ;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
A 695 won't do the sort of wheely shooter pulled - jsut not oomphy enough. But I did pick the wheel up on my 620 a couple times going hard n fast from 1st to 2nd - just little ones mostly. But it is possible.

Now the 900, That was on one wheel my 1st day with it... though Not intentionally. Big brutey 900 motor like to lighten things up front... weeeee!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I've never felt more alive than when I do a wheelie.

Fonz -- fork seals and steering head bearings are replaceable, and cheap compared to the joy of wheelies.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Shooter im surprised your able to keep the front wheel of an S4 on the ground at all. You sir must have amazing control of your right hand. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I used to love doing wheelies until I flipped one over backwards & broke my back My wife made me promise: no more wheelies.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Tigre said:
I think that would be like promising "no more breathing"
That's what my wife promised me if I showed up with one more bike. ;D

The last time i did a really good wheelie was at Laguna on the Motard track with a half-dozen DMLers behind me and spectators watching

Then i missed running into a haybale by inches...and thus ended my professional stunta career

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Possibly, but a Pro Stock Drag Bike or Car wants to spend as little time in the air as possible.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts