Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been somewhat longing for more selection when it comes to wheel choices for the monster. I have a great fondness of the HyperMotard wheels, any idea if they could fit?

Anyone put on different wheels than the Ducati 5 spokers?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
696 can likely take wheels from other double-swingarm monsters pretty easily.
adapting HM wheels would require a new swingarm and a bunch of other stuff as well.

there are marchesini 10-spokes like the Hyper has in a double-swingarm version
here's a less expensive option as well

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I read somewhere, (I don't remember where) that OZ will not be making motorcycle wheels anymore. Is this true ?
That's old news
They originally stopped a few years ago.

They recently hired the long time engineers and production managers from Marchesini and are now starting up production again this year.

-M

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Good to hear because those wheels look good.
How much do they weigh ?
How much do they cost ?

2009 Monster 1100
There is a group buy going on for the first two shipments of OZ wheels.
The single sided swingarm bikes is $1813/set and the double sided is $1947/set.

The MFG claim that they weight the same as the magnesium wheels. I picked one up in Italy and it seems to be accurate.
If you are interested, please contact [email protected]. We are at least 30 days out on most applications as they are just getting ramped up. There delivery projections have been way off.

-M

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys

I am looking to buy a new set of wheels for my monster 696 and I have decided to get the 10 spokes Marchesini aluminium wheels. I have realised though that I might have to overcome some compatibility problems (apart from the price tag)

So can someone tell me if those wheels will fit on my 696 and if not what kind of modifications do I have to do in order to get them to fit (I have an Ergal rear sprocket with 6 fixing holes for 520 chain)?

Furthermore I would like to ask what colour are those installed on the monster 1100s below since that’s the finish I am interested in.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts