Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticing more and more 696's with wheel stripes. At first I didn't like them, but now they are growing on me.

If you did stripes, did you do them yourself or have them done?

Are they one piece or are they the 4 piece ones I see on ebay?

Where did you get them from?

I figured if I get some feedback on them, I might give this a try.

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I did red reflective stripes on the Hyper's wheels.
came out nice
kit came with an applicator, it was one piece.
easy to do...even easier with a stand and a person to help turn the wheel

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I have noticing more and more 696's with wheel stripes. At first I didn't like them, but now they are growing on me.

If you did stripes, did you do them yourself or have them done?

Are they one piece or are they the 4 piece ones I see on ebay?

Where did you get them from?

I figured if I get some feedback on them, I might give this a try.

Jim
Jim,

I've used both the 4 piece and the roll, I find the 4 piece to be easier to apply as they are precurved. You also get less waves with the 4 piece, you need a really steady hand to apply the tape roll.

Rob

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
http://www.tapeworks.com/

Is one place you can get them. I put them on my Fz1 and if I remember right it was all one big roll. I put it on in my garage on a stand so I could move the tire, pretty easy to do. Just take your time, you'll start to think you got it down and start moving to fast and screw it up.

I had enough left over to wire Monster in black reflective tape across the top of my coat/helmet rack in the garage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got mine @ PJ's - came with applicater - did it on stands - took my time - rotated tire as I went - was easy - just take your time and clean your rims properly first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used the one piece kit without a stand. It takes patience and you have to have a good hand. It would have been a lot easier if I had a stand for it. If you don't have a stand, go for the 4 piece kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts