Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wuddup, i'm thinking of moving from sf to brooklyn (park slope) in a few months, as my friend has a cheap bedroom opening up in his flat. how do you find moto parking out there? are the many garages (cost)? where do you park your bike during the winter months? are there some decent rides once out of nyc proper? will my ride be safe parked on the street, say while i'm at work, or out getting smashed? I'm asking all these questions cuz I don't like leaving my ride unattended too long out here cuz it will be gone when i get back. either that or it will be missing parts. thanks all my nyc ducatisti!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Parking in Brooklyn I'm not to sure about but a garage space in Manhatten will run you about $200 for indoor and as little as $100 for outdoor per month and there are garages everywhere. There are shops the have deals for winter storage. Parking on the street depends where you are, Park Slope is one thing, Bed Sty. is a whole nother story. The same rules apply everywhere though I guess, in NYC or SF; lock it TO something if you can, but at least have a disc lock wether your out to party or in for the night. There are alot of good rides not far out of the City; Bear Mountain is probably the most popular, but there's alot of good riding in western NJ and into PAas well as CT and upstate NY. Figure 1 hr or so out to what we call twisties. You probably won't be overly impressed with the rides on the East Coast compared to CA, but NYC makes up for it with inner city ridding that is a blast, if you don't mind playing in traffic that is.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX for the info. Damn I'm spoiled out here in cali, you said 1 hr to the twisties ???

yeah i won't be leaving my my bike out in "do or die bed-sty" or the south BX. still debating the move though. 500 bux for a fattly flat in the slope might be the ticket. i pay 100/mth for indoor pkg here so thats swingable. good to know that there is that option. and i love to play in traffic so mannyhatty jaunts could be fun :p

L8R

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cool, get in touch if you move out. And remember, Tuesday nights at the Ear Inn on Spring Street is "Euro" Bike night. There's always a good crowd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts