Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could tell me the thickness of a 2005 s2r rotor. It is the 300mm that came with the 2 piston brembo calipers. Also if anyone know what size master cylinder that brake setup used. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I was wondering if someone could tell me the thickness of a 2005 s2r rotor. It is the 300mm that came with the 2 piston brembo calipers. Also if anyone know what size master cylinder that brake setup used. Thanks.
Minimum thickness is 4.5 mm (stamped on the carrier). Don't understand your master cylinder question. What size as in fluid capacity?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the min. thickness, I guess that would make a new one around 5mm? I am looking for the bore size of the master. I am not sure if it is stamped on there or not, I am guessing it would be around a 16-17mm.

I am putting the calipers on a vintage cafe bike, I am using thinned down stock rotors and am unsure what kind of master I am using. I do want to try and keep things close to stock specs from this brake system.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Thanks for the min. thickness, I guess that would make a new one around 5mm? I am looking for the bore size of the master. I am not sure if it is stamped on there or not, I am guessing it would be around a 16-17mm.

I am putting the calipers on a vintage cafe bike, I am using thinned down stock rotors and am unsure what kind of master I am using. I do want to try and keep things close to stock specs from this brake system.
Sounds like an interesting project. Not sure what the original thickness was, mine have about 10K miles on them so even if I measured now it may not be useful to you. As for the master bore size, I see no indicator on mine and would hate to guess. Might get that info from a local dealer?

Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like an interesting project. Not sure what the original thickness was, mine have about 10K miles on them so even if I measured now it may not be useful to you. As for the master bore size, I see no indicator on mine and would hate to guess. Might get that info from a local dealer?

Good luck with your build.
Thanks. I'll try and contact a dealer about the master cyinder. I may end up running one from the same bike, but would rather have one that has the remote resevoir.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts