Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no sticker on the frame of my S4 indicating the recommended tire pressure, it's nowhere in the owner's manual, and I can't remember how much I was putting in last year. Could someone please tell me what tire pressures I should have?

TIA

G

·
Re: What's the front/rear tire pressure for an '02

i go a little soft at 30psi Front and 32 psi back but anywear between 30-34 F to 32-36 back should do fine i would think!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

I run about 29-F, 31-R.
Seems to be OK to me, but the roads here aren't unusually nasty, so YMMV. I'm about 170 lbs. ready to go. Going to depend on what you weigh and how you ride too....

What tires are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I've got the stock Dunlops.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

Mine came with the Pirelli Dragon Evos, and I've had a set of Pirelli Diablos on after that, now have a Michelin Pilot Sport rear on.
All seemed OK with those pressures, but I have no FHE with the Dunlops.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

The track tire vendors will say front gets 32 psi for road or track and the rear gets 30 psi track and 34~36 psi road. From my experience, you only go outside this range when using strange compounds of slicks and/or have light wieght bike and are searching for more grip or conversely more longevity.

Soooo, I always use and recommend 32 F / 34~36 R for road riding. Brand doesn't matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts