Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just did the 6k mile service on my '99 m750, and all the openers were in spec. All the closers are loose at .005 or a little less.
What will it hurt to run it like this a while (1000 miles)?
Thanks, Wayne Z.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy, That's great news, I misunderstood my manual. This thing runs so good, I wanna ride it ,not work on it right now LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
But Brad, would YOU run your closers at .008"?

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
wzuccarello said:
Hi all, Just did the 6k mile service on my '99 m750, and all the openers were in spec. All the closers are loose at .005 or a little less.
What will it hurt to run it like this a while (1000 miles)?
Thanks, Wayne Z.
Wayne you have a great opportunity! With all your closers at about that reading it is time to install some MBP collets. They should eat up about .003 of that clearance leaving you at about .002, which is OK. Not great, but OK. And with 6k miles on the bike, the valve train will need fewer adjustments over the next 6-12K miles, especially if you install the MBP collets at this point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark for the tip on the collets. Now, can someone direct me as to where or how to find MPB for collets?
Thanks, Wayne

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
+1 on Chris at ca-cycleworks. Check the links on his home page for other neat stuff through his association with Guy Martin (MBP)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts