Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy ya'll,
I was at my dealer and beheld a white and red S4Rs already tricked out with the DP performance exhaust. It has me thinking about trading up.
I have an "05 S4R pretty much stock. How much should I expect to get on tradein?
JP

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I have about 7500 miles on it. Also, should I be afraid of new model glitches with the S4Rs?
JP

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have expected this, but I was insulted just the same. My dealer only offered me $7500 for my '05 S4R 7.5K never dropped dealer serviced ride. I paid him $12,500 for the thing just last Sept. Did I get $5K worth of fun and pleasure for this past year? I think not.
My dream was to keep this bike forever and gradually add other naked/ sport bikes to the mix. I didn't think I would want to do it any differently. I guess I will just ride the wheels off my Monster and just enjoy the screwing I took.
JP

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
sozo said:
I should have expected this, but I was insulted just the same. My dealer only offered me $7500 for my '05 S4R 7.5K never dropped dealer serviced ride. I paid him $12,500 for the thing just last Sept. Did I get $5K worth of fun and pleasure for this past year? I think not.
My dream was to keep this bike forever and gradually add other naked/ sport bikes to the mix. I didn't think I would want to do it any differently. I guess I will just ride the wheels off my Monster and just enjoy the screwing I took.
JP
If you don't trade it in, then you aren't taking a screwing. All is good. :)

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
sozo said:
JP
Tell them you are insulted, and take your business somewhere else :mad:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd say it's worth a trade fro an 02' 620 nicely modded and battle tested. ;D

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have mixed feelings about my dealer. I want to trust them for my service, but a few individuals come across as arrogant assholes. The owner shows contempt for the forums any time I mention mods and such. These things are best left to the professionals, of course, and not to cavemen like us.
In spite of my relationship with them, I still love my bike. I may just pay it off and start saving for a 916 0r 996 to keep it company. I just have to tolerate all the jerks at work who tell me I should have bought a Honda (no local dealer service). They just don't understand the attraction of these fine Italian machines.
All is well.
JP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts