Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rotator cuff injury may force me to go with a more upright riding position than my Monster,(maybe a GT1000) so if I decide to sell, what do fellow members think I should ask? It's a 2000 900ie Dark, been repainted with PPG black Prismatique, Ducati gel seat plus original recovered in leather and suede, carbon cans fitted with a Power Commander, 10xxx miles, mirrors with the front turn signals in the mirror head. Also have a complete valve shim kit and manuals to go with the bike, plus another painted tail for a tail chop. Plus the original parts removed. TIA for your opinions.
Bill

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
One rotor cuff surgery and 3 broken collar bones and I find the lower I put my upper body when riding, the better I feel. hang in for awhile.
I may ride a sport bike to daytona just for the position.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norm,
The problem is, I'm 61 and just don't heal that fast anymore. Still debating with two doctors about whether to have surgery or not for three separate tears in rotator cuff. One definitely says I need it, other says I need it, but if I can live with the pain to let it go.
Bill

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I'm 60 and while my surgery went very well with about 10 days of recovery, I know some people who never seem to fully recover. I had mine done in my late 30s.
Then again - there's always Percocet.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
holy crap....norm's only 60?
i thought he was like bob dole old!
;)

best bet to get an idea of current prices is see what others are selling for on cycletrader and forum classifieds.

(can you try some higher bars or bar risers?)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both doctors are saying shoulder will be immobilized for 8 weeks, and then another 3 to 6 months to get back to full use. To be truthful, it's that 8 weeks of not being able to do much of anything thats got me putting off the surgery. Actually had surgery scheduled but cancelled it last November.
Tried going over Monster board ads and ebay, but haven't seen many bikes this old being sold.
Haven't figured out how to resize pictures to attach to this forum. If anyone wants to see some pix, I can email them off forum.
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts