Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm in Southern California USA, I am going to pick up a used 2014 Monster 1200(regular) with only 500 miles, my deal is $13,200 out da door, I'm not sure if this is a good deal, so can any one tell me how much is a reasonable brand new 1200 price (out da door), and should I get a extended warranty, and how much would it cost?
Thanks in advance for your info!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Look at what is the retail price + transport preparation, that is the price of a new 1200.
If you are paying 13,200 for a 500 miles Ducati, I figure you are not getting such a fantastic deal. Try to get some goodies with it, like bar end mirrors or anything that would make you happy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd say that's pretty good. Compare to new at 13.5 + tax + fees -> likely around 16+ out the door. Even if you got them to waive the setup and destination fees, you'd likely still be looking at 15+ out the door for the new one. If the bike is in good shape, go for it. It will need a 600 mile service soon, which goes for anywhere between 200-400 depending on the dealer. I'd get that thrown in and then pull the trigger.

As for the warranty, you can always get it right before the original warranty expires. If you still want to keep the bike at that point. Pricing won't be much different. That's the discussion I had with the dealer when buying mine and they confirmed. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried $13,300 including 600 mile service, but the Boss didn't approve, final price $13,400 including 600 mile service or $13,200 w/o service, I went for $13,400.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried $13,300 including 600 mile service, but the Boss didn't approve, final price $13,400 including 600 mile service or $13,200 w/o service, I went for $13,400.
smart move. Don't forget to make sure that they load the latest fueling map for the ECU when you do the 600 mile service.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can change the oil yourself. Get the oem oil filter, crush washer and 15w-50 oil from them. It shouldn't cost more then 100 bucks max. Then ask them to reset the oil service light for free. My dealer will reset the oil service light for free.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can change the oil yourself. Get the oem oil filter, crush washer and 15w-50 oil from them. It shouldn't cost more then 100 bucks max. Then ask them to reset the oil service light for free. My dealer will reset the oil service light for free.
That's good to know, I'll ask my dealer when I do my next oil change

1 - 12 of 12 Posts