Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently negotiating with a dealer and am considering his latest offer of taking about $1400 off the top on an 06 S2R 1000. He's willing to move on it because the 07's are coming in. Do you think it's worth it to take the discount or am I better off waiting for the 07's? Do you think I could do better?

(He's also willing to throw in powder coating the wheels black for me- since the 06's are white)

thoughts?

thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
449 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me. The real trade off you have to consider is the claim that starting with the '07's the bikes will require 50% less maintenence. That could add up over time. So the answer could lie in how long you plan on owning that particular model. Just some food for thought.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
217 Posts
Tangerine Dream said:
Sounds like a great deal to me. The real trade off you have to consider is the claim that starting with the '07's the bikes will require 50% less maintenence. That could add up over time. So the answer could lie in how long you plan on owning that particular model. Just some food for thought.
I have read that nothing has changed form 06 to 07 that would allow for longer service intervals and Ducati has just extended them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Sounds like a good deal; unless that is you want to be able to tell everyone that it's a "new 2007 bike."

:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
fartparticles said:
It's not service intervals that have changed....The amount of work/time/parts have been reduced by 50%.
No, the service intervals for the '07 models are now 7500 miles. SOme of that other stuff may have changed as well.

As for the deal he's being offered, with the powdercoating, if the dealer made that deal any sweeter he'd have to pay "gift tax". [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
I really (and stress really) dont think anything has changed to make the service intervals or maint required along with parts less. it is just something they are saying because they could have gotten away with doing this for quite some time. besides changing the plating on some of the more important components what could they do, really.

someone prove me wrong,.... please
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
217 Posts
That seems to be a great deal. The cost alone to remove all the components to have the coating done is worth $$. I did not buy a black one because it had the white wheels... No offence to everyone who has white wheels, they just are not for me. Wished I had your deal!

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
D u d e , leave those wheels white. What else are you gonna do for half an hour after every ride, but clean those beautiful white wheels.

Ps. Buy shares of the company that makes Wheel Wax.

WWLUTTOTW

White Wheel Lovers Unite To Take Over The World.

rich
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
217 Posts
From the Ducati websight:

50% less maintenance cost on every 2007 Ducati
We are proud to announce that all 2007 Ducati models require less frequent service, fewer parts and less labour during each service and, as a result, greatly reduced scheduled maintenance costs – by as much as 50%.

Reducing the cost of service when you visit your Ducati dealer for maintenance is one way to measure the new quality of Ducati. It also contributes immensely to making the Ducati ownership experience as satisfying as the Ducati riding experience.

Research and development is the number one investment at the Ducati factory. This investment in performance and quality includes our factory processes, machinery and the people who build each Ducati. By ‘engineering-in’ quality through design, materials and testing, every Ducati owner will enjoy significant and quantifiable improvements in every Ducati motorcycle.

To a rider, the best measure of quality is by the riding experience. You can feel a new smoothness to the legendary Ducati L-Twin, a more progressive nature to the powerful brakes and more confident road holding in every turn. Reliability and quality – one ride is all the proof you will need.

50% less – 100% Ducati – standard equipment in every 2007 model.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
217 Posts
MTL-DUC said:
D u d e , leave those wheels white. What else are you gonna do for half an hour after every ride, but clean those beautiful white wheels.

Ps. Buy shares of the company that makes Wheel Wax.

WWLUTTOTW

White Wheel Lovers Unite To Take Over The World.

rich
Rich, you will all be too busy cleaning your wheels to take over the world.... [laugh]

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
ducatania said:
No, the service intervals for the '07 models are now 7500 miles. SOme of that other stuff may have changed as well.

As for the deal he's being offered, with the powdercoating, if the dealer made that deal any sweeter he'd have to pay "gift tax". [laugh]
"Gifts" from a tax standpoint are never taxable to the recipient. ;D But we get the point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
r60us said:
From the Ducati websight:

50% less maintenance cost on every 2007 Ducati
We are proud to announce that all 2007 Ducati models require less frequent service, fewer parts and less labour during each service and, as a result, greatly reduced scheduled maintenance costs – by as much as 50%.

Reducing the cost of service when you visit your Ducati dealer for maintenance is one way to measure the new quality of Ducati. It also contributes immensely to making the Ducati ownership experience as satisfying as the Ducati riding experience.

Research and development is the number one investment at the Ducati factory. This investment in performance and quality includes our factory processes, machinery and the people who build each Ducati. By ‘engineering-in’ quality through design, materials and testing, every Ducati owner will enjoy significant and quantifiable improvements in every Ducati motorcycle.

To a rider, the best measure of quality is by the riding experience. You can feel a new smoothness to the legendary Ducati L-Twin, a more progressive nature to the powerful brakes and more confident road holding in every turn. Reliability and quality – one ride is all the proof you will need.

50% less – 100% Ducati – standard equipment in every 2007 model.
this tells me that they did nothing. I just dont believe the hype. they are doing the same thing they have done all along. make a great bike that happens to require a bit more attention. to me having a bike that isnt a gsxr or ninja etc is worth having to put a bit more love into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
sconly said:
this tells me that they did nothing. I just dont believe the hype. they are doing the same thing they have done all along. make a great bike that happens to require a bit more attention. to me having a bike that isnt a gsxr or ninja etc is worth having to put a bit more love into it.
Agreed. I think they realized they could raise the maintenance intervals a while ago. But when sales started to slump, they delayed the change to protect revenues to their dealership networks. Now that the sales success of the 1098 is pretty much in the bag.....voila! intervals changed.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top