Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
hmm... do we have to play by the "parts bin" rules that ducati plays by? [laugh]

can we get a "sport" naked? a 1000DS, or 999 motor sporting ride with higher rearsets, hi-pipes, trick suspension, and clip-ons standard.

and if we don't have to play by parts-bin rules, i want a four valve air-cooled bike (we've discussed this, and there might be heat issues to work out.)

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Justin Sain said:
I'd build a desmosdeci with a 620 engine in it just to piss everyone off.
now, i'm guessing you mean you'd just throw the 620 mill into the d16 chassis.

but it would be kinda neat to have a liquid cooled, 16-valve, four cylinder 620cc engine. :D

edit: oh, wait... then you'd have something kinda like an inline-4 gixxer... ::)

·
Registered
512 Posts
A "modern" Bimota db1 with a DS1000 engine with 998SSS / front suspension, modern geometry with a tubular chromoly chassis of my own design and upgraded digital instrumentation. Oh wait... maybe I am already building it! ;D (it's a variation of my MotoCafe chassis with different bodywork to be honest)

Also if anyone has an older 750 Paso for cheap (good bodywork but junk chassis/engine), I'd like to build the same as I think that older bodystyle is rather cool looking and makes a perfect bike for 2-up riding and touring.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
How about going to an air cooled 2 valve 1100cc SuperSport with a fairing styled along the lines of the 1098? Sort of a combination MTS and SBK? I think Ducati lost a lot of sales on the Supersport due to the aesthetics. To me it was the worst looking model of the whole lot. Now, the '98 SuperSport, that was a cool looking bike.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A ARCFAB frame, 1098R runing gear & supersqualo engine all converted into a Cafe Racer (single seat & naked as hell). The only difference would be a black famer & silver everything else... - Chris

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
An ST4r

A monoposto ST chassis with the 1098 4v engine optimised for massive torque, dry slipper clutch, the SSS, the 10 spoke lightweight wheels with the new Michelin Pilot Power dual compound tires, radial brake calipers and masters, an Ohlins fork and shock, all CF body work and matching side and top cases, 6 gallon CF gas tank, Termi CF underseat exhaust, GPS built in with the instruments, a generator large enought to power a full heated suit, gloves and socks and fer chrissake HEATED GRIPS! And it all needs to come in at 400lbs dry.

I wanna a sport tourer so bad ass, that the wine and cheese eatin Beemer riders would give me scornful yet envious looks as they make me ride by myself cause they couldnt stand the noise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts