Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last two years I've been wanting to paint the monster matte green cause I'm pretty obsessed with the Green Arrow and green has always been my favorite color. So I got rid of the ugly scratched up pearl white and found the matte I wanted!

Before...

3 days of sanding by hand 250 grit then 400 grit then 800 grit to smooth it out a little more.

2 layers of primer

4 coats of green

Then we swapped out the stock mirrors for end cap mirrors and BAM shes done.

I have a new gold racing chain and 2 new sprockets going on her next weekend and the new black aftermarket exhaust should be here next week also (so fedex says?:rolleyes:) then she will be done...for now. I have a new tidy license plate holder In my shopping cart so i can get rid of that God awful stock one. Once that goes on, a few gold accents (painting the calipers gold) here and there and I'm done. She ain't gettin now more money thrown at her...dirty girl... fun process and worth the wait! Hope you all enjoy?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's the truth! It's more so the wife letting me than anything else lol luckily we have no kids, yet, so its more affordable now but when trying to buy a house, Priorities shift lol i guess that's why they call them projects?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks the business. Well done!
Black out the headlight bracket, rearsets, forks and it will look perfect.
thank you very much (y)yeah the next things to go is the licence plate holder and tucking it back under the seat, then getting black handlebars and forks. Sometime before this ridding season is over this yeah, when i replace the break pads i'm going to sand down and paint the calipers gold to match the Anniversary addition monster. those three things should really make this thing stand out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts