Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law has a 2006 S4RS. He has close to 2000 miles on it. The only add on is a complete set of Termignoni exhaust. What would be a good price for resale? Theres nothing wrong with it. He has two other motorcycles and he is thinking about sell the monster.
Thanks for your assistance.
Nigel
Gainesville Florida.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
my first answer is "$500, and where do i send the check?"

my real answer is . . . $13,500, and doesn't Kelly Blue Book list this bike? You probably won't get your money back on the pipe.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
11tybillion dollars if it's an '06. All the S4Rs in the US are '07s. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
If you can get a fully termi kitted s4rs for $13,500, ($4,000 less than I paid for mine) with just 2,000 mi. that's a hell of a deal. Mine has 6,500 mi. on the clock and literally runs better each time I ride it.

The s4rs is one of the finest motorcycles ever produced. Yea, maybe I'm a little biased. If it's in perfect shape even up to $15k wouldn't be too much.

LA

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
LA said:
If you can get a fully termi kitted s4rs for $13,500, ($4,000 less than I paid for mine) with just 2,000 mi. that's a hell of a deal. Mine has 6,500 mi. on the clock and literally runs better each time I ride it.

The s4rs is one of the finest motorcycles ever produced. Yea, maybe I'm a little biased. If it's in perfect shape even up to $15k wouldn't be too much.

LA
+1.. it is one of the finest bikes produced, I can vouch for that too! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
If I were in the market, and the bike had the Termi/Ecu combo then I'd consider paying $14,500 for it. 2K miles is nothing and I'd look at it that I'd saved $2500 rather than buying a used bike.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I thought the S4RS is about $15,000 OTD. Am I way off? Then how much is the full Termi system? I was thinking 2 grand at the most. However, I'd hate to tell someone to underprice their bike. The thing is, most people don't appreciate the cost of add-ons, and it appears they don't want to pay for them either, IMHO. If I am correct on the price of the S4RS, then no one is going to pay you $15,000 for this bike with 2K miles. These bikes depreciate $2,000 just driving them off the dealer's lot, then people wonder how the bike was ridden for the miles it has on it. Nevertheless, given the above posters comments, start high, you can always lower your price.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Depends on how bad he wants to rid himself of it.

If he waited 3 or 4 months he could get more out of it than if he sold it right now, I would imagine. Maybe in Florida the seasonal differences aren't as big as they are here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts