Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what monsters a Showa adjustable rear shock from an ST will fit? the board postings suggest it could fit a M695 but with lower height. Is this the case? FYI, the evap canister is already removed on my M695. I guess I'm wondering if it's worth picking up and giving it a go.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Which ST is the shock from?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have the same question. I'm looking at a showa from an 90's st4.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
'00 ST4 shock should fit '01 S4 and all '02 and later non-S*R.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying out the fitments this weekend. I'll post a followup later. It would be cool to have a chart for this information somewhere on the DML, don't you think?

·
Registered
783 Posts
You bet. A few people have swapped diff. parts and their experienec with swapping swingarms, brakes, forks and so forth.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
So, did you end up doing the swap to a ST shock? How did it work out? I'm thinking of doing the same.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put an adjustable superbike shock on it. Required a bit of relocation, I must warn. The rear ignition coil is in the way, as is the crankcase breather box which, when removed, required that the regulator be fitted to a custom bracket which I fashioned to hold both the coil and regulator. Replaced the crankcase breather box with a K&N filter onto the stock tubing. After all that, the shock fit perfectly. While I was at it, I also put on an adjustable tie rod (height adjuster). It wasn't so as much work as it sounds but was certainly more than I expected when I first looked down and saw only 2 bolts holding on the shock! It was definitely worth it. The extra tension in the spring gave me a little more preload to work with and I've got less sag as a result. I still have yet to dial it all in yet, but so far so good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts