Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any factory take-offs that will fit my bike? I'm looking for something like a marchesini 5 spoke off the ST or almost anything besides these brembo boat anchors. I would buy the aftermarket marchesini's if I could, but I can't so I'm looking for something that will just stand out a little more.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Your bike should have a 20mm solid rear axle and 25mm hollow front axle... See list below for possible sources for matching wheels. Most will have 3-spoke brembos, but you may be able to find the few bikes that got 5 spokes (SBK front wheels would work, S4 wheels, etc) or aftermarket wheels off of one of these bikes.

I didn't have info on STs when I did this list, but I think that they should follow the SSs pretty closely.

Monsters
`94 - `99 20mm solid front axle, 20mm rear axle
`00 - `02 25mm hollow front axle, 20mm rear axle
`03 - ? 25mm hollow front axle, 25mm rear axle

Supersports
`93 17mm solid front axle, 20mm rear axle

851-type Superbikes
`90 - `93 17mm solid front axle, 20mm rear axle
`94 20mm solid front axle, 20mm rear axle

916-type Superbikes
`94 - `03 25mm hollow front axle, Single sided rear

--Fillmore

G

·
Monsters
hey fillmore, i'm pretty sure the monster cut-over to the hollow 25mm rear was in '02 (when they switched rear suspension and got the "st-derived" frame).

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
How sure are you?

I made the list for a SBK fork swap FAQ that I'm working on and I gleaned that from a Marchesini site. If you know for sure, I'd like to get it right...

Anybody else have an idea?

--Fillmore

·
Registered
133 Posts
99 was a wierd year... I know that some M900's had a 25mm front axle. Some 99s had the auto retracting stand, too!

G

·
How sure are you?

I made the list for a SBK fork swap FAQ that I'm working on and I gleaned that from a Marchesini site. If you know for sure, I'd like to get it right...

Anybody else have an idea?

--Fillmore
a buddy of mine had an '02 m750s and i'm pretty sure it was the same rear axle when we swapped his sprockets.
i'm 100% sure that '02 was when the swingarm & rear suspension linkage was changed to the current rev.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts