Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm fairly new to motorcycles. I got my first (my current) bike in June '03.

Everything was good, and I couldn't be happier.

Then one day, I decided that stock license plate mounting board was too much.. no worries, bought a bracket for oh, $15 or so (mod #1).

After a while, the kickstand safety thing got to me.. so I got the bypass thingie.. no big deal, about $20 or so if I recall correctly... (mod #2)

A month or so later I got sick of the stock mirrors... so I yanked them and replaced them with the 3rd Eye cycling mirrors.. oh for about $35 a pair.. (mod #3)

All this sprocket talk on DML got me in "Sprocket Envy" mode and last weekend I got a 14Tooth to replace the stock 15 in the front... I think total cost with shipping, tax, etc. was close to $50.. no problem (mod #4).

Does it end there?

I've just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here for a very long time. (Sorry for the Star Wars quote..). I just slipped my smokin' credit card back into my wallet after ordering a pair of Sil Motor Megaphone low mounts from Motowheels....

Will it end now?

Is there a cure for this sort of behavior?

If this is anything like cars, I'm fooked! I havn't had a car that I haven't tweaked in some way, shape or form!

Oh well, things could be worse.. I could have a crack habit instead.

H

·
0 Posts
Low Meg's....Mmmmm, that'll be cool!

Next will be clip-ons, rear-sets, a steering damper, a light weight flywheel etc. etc. etc...

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
It never ends......................... :-/ ;)

D

·
0 Posts
I have those same symptoms. Sounds like some new condition. It must be extremely contagious.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Welcome to the club, the addiction only gets worse, like any other drug, you'll need to keep getting bigger doses. There is no cure (except a wife).

M

·
0 Posts
Wait till you have the thing in 1000 pieces.
You will step back and say to yourself
"What the f*ck did I just do!"

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
When the amount spent in upgrades exceeds the original purchase price of the bike.....you know you got a problem.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Wait till you have several bike and cars and bicycles and electronic gear all wanting upgrades........

And the G/F says "you're not spending enough time with me"

And the CC bils are bigger than you want.

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH, time to see my shrink,,,,,,, LOL

X

·
0 Posts
I'm stuck at the tail chop, cause I know once I cross the line and take a hack saw to my bike nothing else will be off limits.

A wife doesn't help either, you just have to hide your habit a little more. (Make sure you get home to pick up the packages before they are ;D)

M

·
0 Posts
I quit cigarettes a month ago...

2 packs a day @ 5.50 a pack X 30 days a month...do the math...that is now DucDollars

35 years of smoking out the window so I can keep burning dollars on the Rat Bike

talk about addictions

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Aw man, Herb....that's some cold sh!t

·
Registered
221 Posts
what kind of sissy freak are you....EXHAUST MAN!!!EXHAUST!!!! forget your home, your roff, your food, your health insurance...get a sweet set of cans baby!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
When the amount spent in upgrades exceeds the original purchase price of the bike.....you know you got a problem.

R

·
0 Posts
Hi
My name is Dennis. And I am a modaholic. Time to get on the 12 step program. So you got the sprokets. I guess its time for step 5. Tail chop baby.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
The "other bike" strategy cured it for me, for awhile at least. But now it's riding season and I'm chompin' at the bit for my clipons.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Wait till you have the thing in 1000 pieces.
You will step back and say to yourself
"What the f*ck did I just do!"
Hmmm, like this?

[link]http://www.mightymedia.com.au/~bigiain/monster_jigsaw/frame.html[/link]

[link]http://www.mightymedia.com.au/~bigiain/monster_jigsaw/engine.html[/link]

big (What the f*ck did I just do?)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts