Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's going on? Ruben has been booted from Drill (bullsh*t). Ruben, you been messing around behind the scenes? Cause I never saw anything on the forum to warrant getting banned.

on top of that, the old drill web address now has the Mocha-coming soon message.
Is Mocha officially back on the map, and separate from Drill? If so, how much does a membership cost? [laugh]

Are we gonna let Rob be a member of Mocha, even though he doesn't live anywhere near Chicago, and also doesn't own a monster? I say we let him in, but make him buy a new bike first [cheeky]

·
Registered
153 Posts
The last thing I need is a new bike!! [laugh] And I'm a native Chicagoan, and was a MOCHA member back in the day. I should be grandfathered in!

I dunno what the deal is, but from what I'm seeing I don't like how it was handled. I posted my final msg on the Drill board in the fancy-members only area for the mods to kill my account there.

G

·
Dudes are buggin out. Skywalker was booted too! Alot of BS behind the scenes. I couldn't believe what I was reading that's not for the public eye.

I own the URL so I took it over. MOCHA is back baby in full effect.

No fees, just member support. When people see funds, they get a little "greedy". Back to the basics.

Please allow me to get my thoughts together and I'll get back to cats. In the meantime, just PM me if you have any ideas, suggestions, whatever.

R.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
What on Earth is going on? Rob asked to be deleted from DRILL, the web URL changed, and founding members have been kicked out?!? Crap. I complained about the state of things too, does that mean I'm getting the boot?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I talked to Ruben a couple of days ago. I'm waiting for the ax to drop [laugh]

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
This is great!! Ducati drama!!

The coming soon page looks cool for the MOCHA page. Looking forward to it.. DRILL v. MOCHA .. let the games begin!! jk

I support the Prince

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I've been kinda sorta following the craziness. I wish people would just accept opinions as constructive criticism and move on. As Rueben mentioned in one comments, we're all on for one thing - getting to know others who share a common passion. Maybe this can evolve into a track showdown - MOCHA vs DRILL. [laugh]

·
Registered
134 Posts
mocha has rob though....whoever has rob will win the track showdown. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
In a slightly british Accent

"Has there been a coup?"

I dont know what movie or tv show thats from but I felt it was appropriate. I would really like to know whats going on but at the same time this all seems kind of silly. I'm just a simple guy who likes to ride, maintain, and talk about his motorcycle. All this drama seems unnecessary.

·
Registered
153 Posts
valileo said:
mocha has rob though....whoever has rob will win the track showdown. :)
Aww, c'mon now. I'm blushin over here!!! I've still got a long way to go, and lot to learn. That still sounds llike a fun idea: an endurance grudge match! Let me be the first to say, you may not have a Monster, but we gotta get you on our squad.

I'm hoping next season I can get hooked up with a rider coach gig with either STT or PTT. It would give me a good opportunity to really hone my skills through constantly explaining and demonstrating fundamentals.

Nightsaber, you're right. there was no need for the heavy handed nonsense. free speech was put in the Constitution because open debate is a good thing for any organization, whether a nation of a simple bike club. Regardless, The MOCHA/DRILL I signed on to way back when more closely resembles Ruben's vision: a group of people with a shared passion. NOT an moto-Office Space parody. [email protected]#$% a board, committees and whatever, just ****in ride and have good time w/ good people.

·
Registered
153 Posts
macduc said:
In a slightly british Accent

"Has there been a coup?"

I dont know what movie or tv show thats from but I felt it was appropriate. I would really like to know whats going on but at the same time this all seems kind of silly. I'm just a simple guy who likes to ride, maintain, and talk about his motorcycle. All this drama seems unnecessary.
DAMN STRAIGHT! Thats what its all about. Thats what MOCHA was, and DRILL seems not to be. Thats the reason I killed my account. I don't care about the bullshit and would rather have no part of it.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I think a dart flyscreen and some exhaust wrap might make me quicker for the head to head, oh and I should probably lose 20 lbs.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
All this bickering just makes me want to modify ;D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
c5367 said:
I'm hoping next season I can get hooked up with a rider coach gig with either STT or PTT. It would give me a good opportunity to really hone my skills through constantly explaining and demonstrating fundamentals.
plus you get free tracktime too right? [thumbsup]
for the most part, the STT coaches I rode with this season really impressed me with their desire to help and teach. I'm sure you'll fit right in. you'll just need to practice cornering while looking backwards. if you get the gig you gotta hook me up with a bump early next season ;D

G

·
The BS is tremendous. They want me to offer advice and suggestions which I did, they don't do them, I beeyatch about it, and I get banned. Fvck em. They rather bar hop on bikes and.......I don't know? What has the 5 member board done this year?

We can start something new, about motorcycling and the lovely Ducati's! [clap].
I'm all about riding, learning more about the Desmo machinery, and finding all the roads in IL that the hardcore riders are keeping secret!

Lets do it! Anyone with ideas for the new site? All is welcome.

R.

·
Registered
153 Posts
b.h. said:
plus you get free tracktime too right? [thumbsup]
for the most part, the STT coaches I rode with this season really impressed me with their desire to help and teach. I'm sure you'll fit right in. you'll just need to practice cornering while looking backwards. if you get the gig you gotta hook me up with a bump early next season ;D
The free track time is just an incidental benefit ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.