Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from watching the circus at AMERICADE! Was up there with a buddy on his 1098, my wife on her s2r800 and my s2r1000. We were getting ready to leave and while a group of young riders were walking by I started my bike to let it warmup and the one kid stops and says to his buddy What the F is wrong with that bike???????????? I just started laughing

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Just got back from watching the circus at AMERICADE! Was up there with a buddy on his 1098, my wife on her s2r800 and my s2r1000. We were getting ready to leave and while a group of young riders were walking by I started my bike to let it warmup and the one kid stops and says to his buddy What the F is wrong with that bike???????????? I just started laughing
i have an S2R1000 as well and have got a few questions as to what is wrong with the bike when its warming up!!!

personally though, i don't really like the dry clutch sound.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a 900SS a while back. Many times at a stop light I could see the drivers looking around trying to figure out what that strange sound was. The dry clutch sound is not a familiar sound. I found it amusing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the first Ducati I ever heard I thought what's wrong with that bike. Now every other bike sounds like a singer sewing machine.
This.

It broke me for life... I don't know if I can even own another I-4. They sound awful no matter what you do to them.
I can do the triple, and a 90* V-twin, and I think that's it. Oh and thumpers... yeah thumpers.
Even while the CBX sounds different, which is nice, it doesn't do anything for me.
Radials rule though. Had a DC-3 come through the airport today.. those engines are what mechanical sex sounds like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts