Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*UPDATED 2/17* See last post. Thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I need some advice ASAP. Will 900SS Showa adjustable forks fit a 2000 M750? What parts do I need to make it fit?

Thanks in advance. I'd like to place a bid on the item immediately.

From listing:
"...axle size is 25mm so its for the newer 99 and up models...MEASURE 50/54 MM..."

Please don't punish me for posting by bidding on the item before me ;) I need these forks.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
All of them will work but you will need forks with the same caliper spacing as your bike. IIRC that would include 99 and newer? Also it would be a great time to find a set of adjustable ones like from a 900ss/sp or a Big Monster M1000, MS4, MS4R, I believe some M900s had adjustable forks as well

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I think I'll wait for one of those to come up on eBay

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*UPDATED 2/09*

I need some advice ASAP. Will 900SS Showa adjustable forks fit a 2000 M750? What parts do I need to make it fit?

From listing:
"...axle size is 25mm so its for the newer 99 and up models...MEASURE 50/54 MM..."

Please don't punish me for posting by bidding on the item before me ;) I need these forks.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
socal.monster said:
*UPDATED 2/09*

From listing:

They'll bolt on, but SS forks are longer than Monster forks because they are intended to stick up above the triple to mount the clip ons.
If you have stock bars and risers you might have a clearance issue.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ducpainter said:
They'll bolt on, but SS forks are longer than Monster forks because they are intended to stick up above the triple to mount the clip ons.
If you have stock bars and risers you might have a clearance issue.
I've got clip-ons that mount on top of the triple. Sounds like these will be perfect. Thanks for the superfast reply!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Re: What supersport forks fit a 2000 750? *UPDATED 2/09*

Hope you win the bid.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loaded it in a truck for the first time with a 2x10 plank. The Showas are being rebuilt and installed at the dealer.

The service guy mentioned that they might not be compatible with my single rotor setup. Anyone know the answer? The mounting points for the brakes look the same as my old marzochis.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Re: What supersport forks fit a 2000 750? *More help needed 2/17*

Good luck with the forks.

Minor jack, what is that green sticker on your forks above the DML sticker? Do Cali streetbikes have to run a green sticker?!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: What supersport forks fit a 2000 750? *More help needed 2/17*

Archimedes said:
Good luck with the forks.

Minor jack, what is that green sticker on your forks above the DML sticker? Do Cali streetbikes have to run a green sticker?!
UCSD Parking Permit.

The shocks went on fine. I am going to check them out after I swap in a new clutch this evening. The dealer refused to test ride the bike with the current clutch stack in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts