Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shop manual is still backordered...manual no help.

What size is that oil drain plug hex? Looks like about 10mm....

Gotta make a tool run--anything else I should get (already have the 30mm socket and 17mm hex for chain adjust...).

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Assuming your M1000 has the same parts as my S4, a 28mm 6-point socket for the front axle nut and a 14mm 1/2" drive hex driver for the oil strainer cover and oil strainer itself. My oil strainer cover and strainer were F'n way tight, had to use a 1/2" breaker bar.

I recommend grinding or lathe cutting the front of both sockets flat, both axle nuts are very thin and you need all the engagement you can get.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
The L-P ones that Chris sells are hard anodized 7075 Aluminum.

I stuck one on my Monster and after the first time I actually used it I decided that all the Ducs in the garage needed them.

It's nice to just stick a wrench on and know it's the right size. The other nice thing about them is that they have a rubber o-ring in them, so you don't have to replace a crush washer when you change your oil (not that one at least ;) ).

--Fillmore

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well,

I looked all over Chris's site and don't see that drain plug...can someone point me at it? That sounds like the way to go....

--Hex Hater Tom--

1 - 10 of 10 Posts