Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anyone tell me what size of chain I need to order for a '96 900 Monster, with 14T front and 40T rear sprockets.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The 96 Monster used a 520 chain.

I find it interesting that the 888 used a 520 chain, but the ST2 used a 525. Both of mine now have 520 chains.

As for number of links, just get a longer chain, like 110 and cut it to the proper length. I don't even bother counting links. I center the axle in it's adjustment range, then cut the chain to the closest match for that position. You could end up with 96, 98, or even 100 links depending on sprocket sizes and where the axle is positioned.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually sorry guys, I'm talking rubbish! We've gone for 15T/43T!

Any idea how many links we're looking at here...in order to preserve the original wheelbase?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
eonan said:
Actually sorry guys, I'm talking rubbish! We've gone for 15T/43T!

Any idea how many links we're looking at here...in order to preserve the original wheelbase?
100 links with a 15/43 will get you the exact same axle position as 98 links with 15/39.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scott R. Nelson said:
100 links with a 15/43 will get you the exact same axle position as 98 links with 15/39.
Thanks for this Scott [thumbsup]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.