Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Will be there! I fixed the map to where firebird is too.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
How was it???

I'm glad I didn't go to Barlett Lake on Saturday. My friend was up hunting just north of there (near Bloody Basin), and he said that all of the roads were very muddy. In fact, his truck is still up there because it got stuck in the mud. Not only are his wheels stuck, but he thinks he may have broken off the oil pan when he bottomed out.

Good times. LOL

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was ready to go then my poor wife got really really sick and she is pregnant. I was there to meet everyone in downtown when I got "the call". I hope everyone had fun, and I wished I got to go with you guys! Mike, your monster is gorgeous! Well taken care of and nice find! We will have to go next weekend again. The AZDRA is planning a ride as well I will try to get an idea of where they are going so we can plan accordingly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Killer!

2/15/09, Close to 200 mile ride around the Valley. From Downtown Phoenix to Carefree, Fountain HIlls, Chandler Track Days at FireBIrd raceway, then all the way home to the West side again..... Aw some.

left to right, Jason - Ducati 900ss, Victor - BMW 1200K, me - Ducati Monster 916 S4, Joey - Kawasaki Ninja ZX10, Nicky - Ninja 650R, and Adam taking pic, Honda CBR900r. Our average speed, 85mph.... Tickets, almost 1.

Ryan, I hope everything was ok with your wife Sunday. Sorry ya had to split, but no worries, there is plenty of great riding weather ahead..

This is what we did,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...33.449204,-111.74881&spn=0.304219,0.4422&z=11

take care and be safe all,
MikeC_az

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I am up for both Saturday and Sunday. The AZDRA guys are going Sunday so either way I will go both days. Just changed my oil too! How bout this one?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am up for both Saturday and Sunday. The AZDRA guys are going Sunday so either way I will go both days. Just changed my oil too! How bout this one?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...263953,-112.280273&spn=0.669441,1.479034&z=10

If Harvest Moon Cafe & Grill is a lunchtime destination (it's B on that map), then maybe we could leave from Buckeye around 11:00am or noon and then that would be the route on the way back.

My wife and mom are going to take the kids to the air show early, leave from home at 8:00am or 8:30am, and then I am going to follow them on my bike. We'll spend an hour or two there, hopefully (we're talking about a day out with a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old, and they don't last very long).

So around 11:00am or noon, we'll all head back. They'll go back on the freeway, and we could go the long way via Harvest Moon for lunch and that route on the map.

What do you think? Who's all in?

If you don't want to do the airshow thing, then maybe you could just meet up with me at the Buckeye Airport. Say, around 11:30am.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Air show photos

The air show was a lot of fun, great for the kids. I rode out with my family following in our minivan. We brought my mom with us, so seating worked out well with me on the bike.

And here's proof that my mom approves of me owning a motorcycle (even though I'm "not allowed"). I just gave her a short ride to the end of the road. Otherwise, she's going on about how she's already in mourning because she knows that the motorcycle will kill me at any moment.

And afterwards we just came straight back, but we did go the long way around down 51st Ave as it goes back behind South Mountain and turns into Riggs Rd. It was very nice, Buckeye Hills make for great scenery.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
great fun Plik, Sorry I couldn't meet up with everyone as I was building a car till 4am that morning. Had a great ride on Sunday though!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts