Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
haha you guys r forgettin that saturday is valentines day.. and i dont know about your women but mine will kick my ass if i do something.. shes had it with the bike already.. lol .. sunday??
Oh come on ...

It'll just be an early morning ride. We won't be gone long.

In fact, we'll probably be back before she wakes up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
LOL My wife will be sleeping all day....My V-Day is tomorrow! Either day is okay with me Sat or Sun as long as I am home by 4:30pm so I can feed my wife. I bet your girl has had with your bike, my wife sure has and it doesn't even cut into anything.......;D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good point, why don't we make it for Sunday, I have a couple of other riders that can only make it on Sunday also.

????

Ryan, I'm having trouble getting pics uploaded to this site! $ucks! somone email the admin an protest!!! we want bigger JPG's!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can't go Sunday, but don't let that stop you guys ...

Even if you guys don't go Saturday, I might still go. By my self ...

Although, all things considered (wives, weather, etc.), what if we just went next Saturday instead?

However, next Saturday is the Buckeye Air Fair, which I might take my son to. http://www.buckeyeaz.gov/CurrentEvents.asp?EID=692

... he loves airplanes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is what Victor and I have put together so far. If one of you south eastern guy's want to map your route and add a stop to pick up any other riders along the way.
I thought we were talking about Bartlett Lake this whole time. :confused:

Here's what I assumed, http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...542539,-111.676025&spn=0.816094,1.235962&z=10

Mike, that ride is 2 hours and 45 minutes, in that amount of time we could get up on the Rim near Payson, like Woods Canyon Lake (which would be freezing cold ... maybe for the summer -- here's a map anyway, http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....763165,-111.566162&spn=1.627976,2.471924&z=9)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Going down any canyons out rural is not a good idea with all the rain. Bartlett has several washes with water crossings, when the water is dried up the sand is left on the road. That is why this ride was designed.

Also, yep, payson, prescott need tire chains and I'm out of stock.

the Stop A is a Starbucks the east can meet up with the west.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, to add to the options, the Ducati SuperStore is going to be at Firebird for a free track day's with the Hypermotard.

?????, we can swing over there after lunch in Fountain hills. That way the West side boys will put on as many miles as the S easterly guys.....

????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, to add to the options, the Ducati SuperStore is going to be at Firebird for a free track day's with the Hypermotard.

?????, we can swing over there after lunch in Fountain hills. That way the West side boys will put on as many miles as the S easterly guys.....

????
We're still talking this Sunday (2/15), though, right?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was thinking of that deal at firebird on sunday....We could do that! I love them hypermotards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plik, Yes, Sunday, go to service on Sat night and ride with us on Sunday.....
Well, Saturday night I have a date with my wife (we got a babysitter and we're hittin' the town).

But besides that, there's no Saturday service. I'm Mormon and so church is on Sunday at 9:00am every week.

And even then, going on a ride probably wouldn't be a "Keep the Sabbath Day holy" thing for me. That sounds puritan suppressive, but it's really not. It's hard to explain, but basically Sundays are my days to relax with my Family.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We all respect that. It is good for a family to be consistent. Have fun and be safe on your Sat ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was thinking of that deal at firebird on sunday....We could do that! I love them hypermotards.
Is everyone else down with the loop around the Valley, lunch in FH and haul butt down to FB? They will be there till 5:00 pm, I don't think we need to be first online "again".... :)

Let me know what ya all feel about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We all respect that. It is good for a family to be consistent. Have fun and be safe on your Sat ride.
I'd still love to go down to Bartlett Lake, but I heard the whole place is flooded. Even the dam is about to overflow. Oh well.

I'll catch up with you guys next time maybe.

And have fun on Sunday. Be safe.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am down for Fountain Hills and one of plik's rides next weekend. There is also a loop that goes around the south side of Avondale kinda like one that plik had mapped out. Where does everyone want to meet tomorrow and what time?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Let's all meet up at Stop A, Starbucks @ 100 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ‎

So far from the west side, Me Monster S4, Nick Ninja 650R, Victor BMW 1200K, Adam CBR 9000 Hooligan, possibly meet up with Jason Duc 900ss, Jim Duc 900ss, Russel KZ1000, Joe ZX1000 up in Carefree.

9:00am - 9:30, we can talk about the ride there.
:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We will meet at A

21 - 40 of 53 Posts