Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

I will arrive to Atlanta and stay in Augusta for few days , what good place we need to check it out , If I travel by my self , I knew exactly where I should be , but cupcake come along.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Danny.

It's hard to recommend places, without any knowledge of your interests and such. The Georgia Aquarium is a safe bet, though. Everyone seems to like it. My girlfriend is quite fond of the High Museum. We live on the North side of town and head up to Dahlonega pretty often for B+Bs, hiking, wineries, but I don't really know what's on the South East side, close to Augusta. I guess Decatur. The Brick Store Pub is a great place to get a beer there. For dinner I'd recomend Kevin Rathbun's Steak or MF Sushi. Both excellent if you've got some cash to burn. For more moderately priced fair the Five Seasons Brew Pub is hard to beat. There are a ton of music venues. You can check out Access Atlanta or Creative Loafing online to see who's playing where. Plenty of nightlife, but that's hard to reccomend without knowing what someone is in to. I like Lenny's, the Star Bar, and MJQ, but I like dive bars for the young and dirty. I'd recommend Cafe Intermezzo for coffee and dessert. Also, you might want to look at a side trip to Birmingham to check out Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. Worth it.

Enjoy your trip,

Shaun

PS: I've only been in Atlanta for less than a year. I'm sure some those who've been here longer can offer some more insight. Also, sorry I didn't provide any links, but a quick Google should pull up all of the places I mentioned.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all information Shaun , I just got back last night , did not do any thing much beside spent quality time with family , looking forward in next trip , I will set up better.
I might rent bike over there and cruise along.

Danny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts