Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the internet there was the news stand. I used to wait each month for the new motorcycle magazines to come out. I always read Cycle each month.

So.... are there any magazines still worth reading? My interests are more street orientated. Race results I can get from the net.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Cycle Work, Road Runner, Motorcyclist, Rider...they're all pretty good. Although they're better in the winter when I'm dreaming about next summer :)

If you're looking for something for longer rides, read Road Runner. They always have good articles and they generally feature a route, write and article about it and then have tear out maps of the trip in the back.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mostly I read the Euro mags, Rider, Bike, etc. They are more expensive but have much more real world info, are well written, and are less ad driven.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Anything I can get my hands on to....

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Try Motorcycle Consumer News, they're subscription based only, NO ADVERTISMENTS. There articles and opinions are based on what they actually think of the product, not income based on the product owner placing an ad with them.

·
Super Moderator
3,955 Posts
I will read anything I find, but the only one I subscribe to is Cycle World, due to the fact that they have the best writers. Peter Egan and Kevin Cameron are always worth reading.

Many years ago I was a devotee of Performance Bike, but their good writers all left or died, their sense of humor went limp, and they became another boring magazine of obvious bike-comparison-shootouts and bikini shots.

PhilB

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1 to Motorcycle Consumer News-That is a fantastic magazine though I have not subscribed for several years.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
+1 to Motorcycle Consumer News-That is a fantastic magazine though I have not subscribed for several years.
+2 on Motorcycle Consumer News. I do subscribe and you get a lot of good information, unbiased by not having to make advertisers happy. You get bike comparisons, discussions on bike design, riding techniques, safety issues, insight on the industry, and more. Very much worth the $.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will read anything I find, but the only one I subscribe to is Cycle World, due to the fact that they have the best writers. Peter Egan and Kevin Cameron are always worth reading.

Many years ago I was a devotee of Performance Bike, but their good writers all left or died, their sense of humor went limp, and they became another boring magazine of obvious bike-comparison-shootouts and bikini shots.

PhilB
Agreed on Peter Egan, an excellent writer. He also writes for one of the car magazines, Road and Track, I believe. Weaves some great history and humor into everything. Me personally, I like Sport Rider the best, Jeff Hughes is another writer I love reading, his stuff is usually in the back of the magazine.

It was most disheartening to read about Andrew Trevitt's terrible accident that paralyzed him, someone made an illegal U turn in front of him. His book about suspension is well worth the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts