Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as to what everyone is using. I've heard the two majors are corbin and sergant. but I have heard that corbins quality control has gone seriously downhill. Please vote and give an honest summary of your seat. Thanks everybody.

p.s. hope a poll like this is beneficial to the website.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have 2.... My stock and a corbin 2 up. I use the stock as I will never ride 2 up. So, if some DML'er will take it off my hands I will sell it! I hate it!

G

·
i just picked up a sergant seat . the fit is ok not great but it seems to be taller and wider which is good for me .

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
He is on the list, some friend of someone on the SF Group. Corbin is good, I have their seat on another HD I have.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
The corbin doesn't have a backrest does it? I know they make one called a gunfighter/ladygunfighter or something like that (which actually has a backrest) for other types of bikes, but I have never seen one for the monster.

Does anyone know what ever happened to that backrest that someone was going to put out for the monster? I think it was called Monstrack or something like that. Seems like the developer was on this list.
The Monstrack backrest will come out in January 2004.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
There are so many seat company's.... In the Bay Area Corbin has the market sowed up. Nice to know about the mole ;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just got a Sargent a couple of weeks ago. Quality is outstanding and love the underseat storage. Fit was very snug; will have to tweak the helmet cable pin as it had a tendency to hang up there. Sitting on it in the garage it feels great. It's a little taller and I can move my butt back and it doesn't feel like I'm going to slide the jewels into the back of the tank. Wish the weather would cooperate so I could go for a ride. :(

G

·
i got a sargent. Why?

- small storage tube perfect for insurance and a small hand tool
- good reputation
- hidden hooks for bungee's IF you have to haul something small
- numb nutz are bad, sargent seat is comfy

I was looking at corbin but after talking to some harley guys who have had corbins they chucked them. One went sargent, the other had a custom one made. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
My S4 has the stock seat. I had the seat on my 907 recovered with red/black two-tone (and an Italian flag color insert) by a guy who did Harley seats.

The Laverda still has the stock brick. But since it is too hot on my leg if I only wear jeans, I don't ride it without my Dainese pants and that helps on the tushy.

G

·
I purchased a Corbin (red piping, Italian flag colors on the side) at the Superbike races at Laguna Seca last summer. The Corbin guy said it was for a 750S, but the seat pin was too short and didn't fit into the latch, leaving the seat unstable but ridable. The guys at Monroe Motors made it work, but I was disappointed that it wasn't an easy swap from the stock seat. I hear Sargents are better made and a better fit; if I had it to do over, I would take the Sargent (and still might down the line).

·
Registered
461 Posts
The Monster is stock, but the other bikes both have Corbins. Outstanding fit and finish, and comfortable enough for 1200 mile days.

I have the backrest on the VFR800 Corbin seat, but never use it. Passengers say they don't notice it's even there, so that was a waste of a few hudred bucks.

I may get a Corbin for the Monster, but I've been told by several folks that the Sargent is better in that particular application. Pity they don't come in leather. Yellow leather would look cool on the Dark.

-Don

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I just got a seat custom-made by CeeBailey.
I will be writing a complete write up on it once ive had a chance to go on a longer ride...

cliff notes version:
Nice materials, like the vinyl, the foam is firm but compliant, got it made in the stock shape (which i liked).
doesnt fit the tank exactly right.
overall, i like it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a corbin seat and I am giving them a great review. I love customer service. I had a show to get ready for and they made a seat; perf leather red piping ital flag and had it at my door in 1.5 weeks. Kudos to Corbin. The seat fit snug without working at it. The only con is no under seat storage.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Maybe I haven't ridden enough bikes, or ones with comfortable seats, but I don't mind the stock seat. The forward riding position is sooo much more comfortable that the laid back position that I've had on my other motorcycles, on my older H0ndas, my talibone would be killing me in about 100 miles, so the forward position on the monster is much more to my liking. I suppose i'll upgrade to a Sargent seat (as per everyone's recommendations) as soon as the stock seat wears out (which shouldn't be too long, I'm kind of a fata$$).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts