Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know mpg for motorcycles is fairly scarce. I know what the dealer tells me but I want to hear from you, my soon to be fellow Monster drivers. So I'm looking at a new(er) 696 Monster but could be enticed onto a Monster 1100.

What kind of riding do you do and what kind of mileage are you getting?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2009 M1100. I have the Termi kit on mine, and I've gone +2 on the gearing in the back. I get low-mid 40mpg in town, into the 50mpg range on open roads.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Always been lousy on my '05 S4R (bought new) with Term kit and 14T.
I'm lucky to get 25 mpg on city streets to work and back. A road
trip will jump it to 40+ mpg but I don't make many. It runs great
but like me it hits the juice a little heavy.

Have a good'un.....Micky

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used to get ~45 mpg, however I just switched to 14T on front so I’m very curious what the lost would be…can’t wait for winter to be over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought men with Ducatis are indifferent to fuel consumption...hohoho!
Absolutely! I do the math in my head at every fill-up just out of curiosity, but really I pump a couple of gallons of Premium and couldn't care less.

Every ride is worth every drop!

:D

·
Registered
635 Posts
I thought men with Ducatis are indifferent to fuel consumption...hohoho!
Absolutely! I do the math in my head at every fill-up just out of curiosity, but really I pump a couple of gallons of Premium and couldn't care less.

Every ride is worth every drop!

:D
what's $6.00 worth of 95oct?....BIG smiles.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I keep track of my MPG on my iphone with GasCubby just for reference and pretty much I get consistently 30.4 mpg on my 696 with fillups of $9-9.50 every time and 93+ Oct gas in city/commute driving. But when I was breaking in the engine and driving more conservatively I used to get 40-50 mpg of course shifting always before 6000 rpms...... Now I really dont care I just drive it how it wants to be ridden and just keep track of it for reference. Im interested in seeing the impact on gas consumption when I add the Termis....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to give you a general idea

These are my Gas Stats from GasCubby for my M696, thought what the hell since I already have them and you are asking.....

Ducati Monster 696
Date Period: 1/22/10-2/28/10

Average MPG: 30.71
Maximum MPG: 35.47
Minimum MPG: 25.76
Total Costs: $131.47
Total Miles: 1326.0
Total Gallons: 43.18
Total Fillups: 16
Total Days: 39

Cost Per Mile: $0.10
Cost Per Gallon: $3.04
Cost Per Day: $3.37
Cost Per Fillup: $8.22
Gallons Per Fillup: 2.70
Miles Per Fillup: 82.88
Miles Per Day: 34.00
Miles per $: 10.09

Of course all of this info is based on my riding style, my daily commute to work (no trips during this shown period) and the conditions/Gas Prices/traffic of the city I live in which is Miami, FL.

Hope it helps with your decision 8)

·
Registered
335 Posts
On my 696 with termi kit and stock gearing I can easily go 130 miles before the low fuel light comes on. If I'm on the highway it will go 140 -150 miles before the light comes on. That comes out to basically about 48 - 53 mpg. Now, having said that, I'm an old wrinkly guy and do most of my driving between 3000 to 5000 rpm. I don't do a lot a full throttle high RPM runs. Frankly, a motorbike uses so little fuel, who really gives a rat's rahoo what the mileage is - drive it the way you like and don't worry. I don't ever recall guys standing around on track day discussing fuel mileage, so why worry.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I once got 70 mpg on my 696.
This week, when I filled up, I got 37..............that was 100 percent local riding, stop and go, 35-40 maximum speed...........

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
just did the math, on my last fillup this week i averaged 43.83 mpg on my Monster S4. not bad for a mix of city and country riding. and i don't exactly baby it when i ride either. makes up for the 15 mpg i get in my truck, lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've never gone more than 100miles on a fill. I've been pretty consistent with around 30mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts