Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already posted a couple of these as replies, but couldn't get the pics to stick. Think I've gotten it worked out so here it goes.

First came the tail chop and the idea for the blinkers came at about 6am working nights at the hospital.

next was the spark mid pipe (Leo Vince Ti slip ons i just did last week) ;D

then the magnesium performance clutch cover and painted stock pressure plate

and the sprocket cover i gotta say i was bored one day and cut the slots into it....then was bored another day and painted it

i also got a Nichols crankcase breather, took off the air box and put some K&N pod filters on it ;D ;D (no pic) and took off the reflectors and rear chain guard off.

-to do list
Dyno
Mirrors
Front blinkers
Wash
plus a million other things but the one that just got bumped to the top of the list is get the flat rear tire fixed that i just walked out of work and found at 8am :mad: :'(

anyway...sorry about reposting a couple of the things. just wanted to make sure they were up right cause i wanna show off (my first real contribution and all)

Mike

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks very nice. What was the idea at the hospital that made you do the rear blinkers that way? Isnt that hard to see from a distance being so small? Otherwise Im a fan.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the inspiration was somewhat of a combination of being awake almost 24 hours, a lot of coffee, and trying to find frame plugs and turn signals...i guess the two kinda blurred together.

as for being able to see it.....they're brighter than the brake light. at least they hurt my eyes to stare at them and the brake light doesn't. the lenses spread the light out a good bit so you can still see at angles and they light up cars behind me when I'm at a red light, but i guess what would be best would be to have someone behind me at a distance and tell me how it looks on the road instead of my parking lot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
looks great i have the same color s2r but my pipe is the carbon sbk, yours looks better im jealous. i like the midpipe also let me know if ya want to trade my stock ugly cat for your nice midpipe, ill throw in $5 for good measure

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
wait wait wait ;D

pod filters, no cat and leo can, what did you do to correct the fuel?

thanks

Q

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
uhhhh...nothing ::) actually it was acting way too rich when it all started......they told me at the ducshop that they usually come like that from the dealer. once i put the pods on it started a little easier and it stopped popping when it was cold on decel......now it started doing it again, a little, with the leo vince.

it runs ok....not great. definitely needs to be tuned, which will be happening soon, but it's not too bad......is someone gonna tell me my bike is going to explode now ???

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
I am not claiming anything of the sort, your bike isn't gonna explode.

just stating that usually (factory) tuned bikes run lean to pass emissions. then when you allow more air flow in and out, you run into a real lean conditions. but obviously not in your case.

I was just curious...

on the other hand, if you are running as lean as one would assume, it could give a whole new meaning to crotch-rocket. [laugh]

Q

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Not that your bike will explode but if that clutch cover is really magnesium, you clutch might. I would start thinking about frame sliders because if that magnesium touches the ground it is going to break into a million little bits.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pennyrobber said:
Not that your bike will explode but if that clutch cover is really magnesium, you clutch might. I would start thinking about frame sliders because if that magnesium touches the ground it is going to break into a million little bits.

good point. when it came in the mail i took it out of the box and was like damn. it's really....really light

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
pennyrobber said:
Not exactly true, I wish I still had the Mag cover off of the crashed bike I repaired the clutch on. It was flattened against the pressure plate and the clutch hub was broken, but it wasnt broken in a million pieces.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
pennyrobber said:
It might depend on the alloy - all the newest MIL spec laptops have mag alloy cases, and can pass drop tests of 3+ feet, onto a case that is 1/32" thick.

mitt

·
Registered
781 Posts
Very nice. [thumbsup]

Stickers?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts