Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm new here and dont want to start out making waves, but I am a bit disappointed by what I have seen so far. When I first found out about a Monster board, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I did expect a positive experience.

In just a few days I have seen the term "Duc" used more times than I can handle (obviously). Why people, why? The work duck has absolutely nothing to do with the name of our beloved motorcycle manufacturer. And it is not a suitable nickname by any means. Yes, I can say that. The word can not be derived from the proper pronunciation of the name, and I fail to see any connection between the bikes and the animals. So what is the point? I guess I can deal with the duke thing, but the "duc" is just too much.

It just seems indicative of some of the attitudes of the members. The way people talk about their bikes and Ducati ownership rubs me the wrong way. This is not a country club membership. I guess I'll just stop here.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
WOW! That was some of the dumbest **** I have ever read. Why do you care what people call their bikes? Why would you even post that? Before you judge this board you should have some time on it. 4 posts and some reading doesn't do much. There are probably people on this board who have forgotten more than you know about Ducati and their products.

If you didn't want to make waves then you should have just left. Insulting this board just isn't proper.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
It is the same reason people type FHE or ROTLMAO or FUPA - short cutting. Some advice for you, I would just translate it in your head when you are reading it, and don't worry, be happy.

And the pronunciation differs between country, so be careful what you think is the right way :)

mitt

V

·
0 Posts
'DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC' DUC'

L

·
0 Posts
...how 'country club-ish' does a person have to be to let the term 'duc' upset them? ???

QUACK! ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Come on everybody, be nice to the new guy. ;)

Certain brands and models of vehicles get nicknames that don't always make sense. Ducatis have been known as Ducs for a long time, even though Duke might be a better name. Moto Guzzis go by Goose as well. How about the Chevrolet Corvette being called a Vette or the Pontiac GTO being called a Goat?

Nicknames don't always make sense, but once they stick it's almost impossible to get rid of them.

M

·
0 Posts
Stick around and you might learn something of the Ducati history/culture.....Duc, Duke and Duck are part of it

Sorry if the site is a disappointment to you...

I would recommend you go to the Help Needed Section of the Ducati Index Board....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roberto please back up about 3 meters from your computer monitor. lower your head to its level, now run as fast as you can at the computer monitor. Did it break? Try again until it does. Then go ride your "DUC".

Love
El pato

·
Registered
5 Posts
DUC, DUC,DUC ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am... DUC, DUC, DUC ?

T

·
0 Posts
And while we're at it, why does everyone call turns twisties?

And I can't get over the fact that people call modifications Mods.

A

·
0 Posts
I read in another thread that people do get kicked off the DML in "rare instances".

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
you must get pissed when people call you bob, or any other nickname, huh?

people call me ron and i have no problem with that. hell, i'll even answer to d!ckhead if you catch me at the right time.

ease up your attitude, it's been called a Duc longer than you've been alive.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.