Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001. Im looking mainly to get it louder... not looking to spend a ton. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Try a round carbon can. D&D carbon/chrome models are pretty cheap and seems to last a long time and give a good sound.
If you want something really different, you can buy a "cherrybomb" type exhaust, but you'll have to cut both ends off, weld on a tip, and paint the can with something pretty durable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds cool... is there any advantage to high vs. low mounted exhaust or is it just purely aesthetics?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
....and the high mount might interfere with the ability to use saddlebags, and possibly be too hot for passengers...
but as mojo said-mostly a looks preference.

high mounts are usually a little more expensive as well.
price range on pipes is $600-800-ish
i really like the way these look

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I don't have any here but I've used them many times. Cruise around my site and you'll see some. I know the white bike has them and the bike with the quad exhaust has them as well.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
....and the high mount might interfere with the ability to use saddlebags, and possibly be too hot for passengers...

+1. I have high mounts and other than fabbing or modding something I haven't found any easy saddlebag options.

I have CF cans and they only get warm to the touch, even after a long ride. I did add CF heat shields to cover the exposed pipes at the inlets and will eventually completely CC the pipes anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts