Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Re: Besides pretty ugly, what is "Cromoplast&

yes, I have done it. As a matter of fact, I have a spare you can paint. All I ask is $20 shipped :)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

It is exactly the same as the stock rear guard on the 2000+ monsters except in chrome.

this is a stock rear, except in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I was under the impression it was an abbreviated fender. It, also, looks like it's plastic. Ah, the search goes on...

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

In my mind that piece has a serious design flaw the older bikes don't: the little plastic tabs the taillight attaches to are way flimsy, and if a passenger sits far enough back on the seat to press down on the tail light, the little buggers snap right off.

S

·
0 Posts

well, if anyone needs a new one, I got one for $20 shipped hehehe time to clean out m garage....got way too many parts !

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

You got a chrome one, in good shape. That may be a real possibility on my Cromo. I already have a CF hugger and CF cans. A CF tail would almost be too much, but the chrome one would match my tank.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

Isn't this the thing everyone "chops" off?

·
Registered
571 Posts

Isn't this the thing everyone "chops" off?

Or has Pinstriped.....well, thats what I did with mine ;D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

In retrospect, I shouldn't have started by saying it was "pretty ugly".

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

no worries here. I don't take offense to much. I know what I like. Don't really give a crap what others might think. At any rate,

if you have a chrome one as indicated in the above pics, email me. I'd be interested for 20 definately. I won't be home for a couple days though so be patient.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I have an '01 cromo as well and IMHO adding more crome bits takes away from the tank. I think keeping everything else c/f or black makes the tank 'show' that much more. That's the beauty of the monster though, make it individual.

D

·
0 Posts

In my mind that piece has a serious design flaw the older bikes don't: the little plastic tabs the taillight attaches to are way flimsy, and if a passenger sits far enough back on the seat to press down on the tail light, the little buggers snap right off.

That is exactly what happened to me. Now I am in search of a solution. I think I'll go with the chop, but I am hesitant about cutting the frame.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, I do not want to chop my frame. But, our options really are limited. What the heck was Ducati thinking when they put that rack on the back?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts