Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at an event calendar and noticed a lot of riding clubs hold "Poker Runs". What are they? Sorry if I should know this, but I don't.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
The poker run that I went on, which was hosted by a local Ducati dealer, consisted of going on a ride w/ 5 different spots where you stop and get one card from the ride leader. Then, we regrouped back at the dealership, and the best and worst hand won a gift certificate.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
there are many different versions of poker runs ussually involving 5 stops where you pick a card from a deck and get a poker hand of 5 cards . prices for best hands and worst . most of the harley runs have this, best ones in nevada where the stops are at the cat houses ::)some runs have poker walks at 5 close stops in case you want to wet your whistle 8)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The 2 H-D ones I have been on turned into a beer drinking drag race from bar to bar in little towns across Iowa. They are a lot of fun.

mitt

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Some of the HD poker runs I've been on are nuts, the riders zoom around just to get finished and get back to the " party" There is this one ride each year that the ride consists of zooming down a bumpy interstate about 50 mile,turn around zoom back the same way, to the place you started from and then eat, do burn-outs,and such. Never understood that one. We went once, that was it. They seem not to be about the ride, but the party afterwards. I guess that the difference between HD and Ducatis. But, some of the HD poker runs I have been on was about the ride, very nice roads thru the countryside!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
The 2 H-D ones I have been on turned into a beer drinking drag race from bar to bar in little towns across Iowa. They are a lot of fun.

mitt
Beer and riding ??? Seems like a completly ignorant combination.. O never mind, you said H-D riders. I guess it makes sense now.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Will pass on commenting on Humungus' post.

Doc
Well, I probably shouldn't have said anything.... and I apologze. I guess I'm just a firm believer in sober riding. Dont get me wrong though--I love to party when I'm not riding/driving--I can keep up with all ages
;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts