Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

i am new here and I am looking at a 2000 Ducati Monster 750 dark with 6K miles and a couple of small mods. Supposedly serviced at a Ducati dealer with 6K mile service done? What is a fair price? From NADA I got $3430 as average retail and from Kelley I got $4690. I did some searches on this topic but didn't find anything relevant within a reasonable time frame? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

G

·
What kind of condition is it in? If it looks to have been babied, I'd say around low 4ish is a fair price. If it has some "wear and tear", then I'd say nothing above 4k.

my 2 cents.

It is only worth 2 cents of the above statement is mostly true, and I wouldn't pay more than a cent in a half if it is only half true ;)

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Just know that in 2001 the 750 received a tachometer, dual disc brakes in the front, and some other little upgrades. In 2002 fuel injection was added. If you consider any of these updates to be important, you may want to look for a newer model.

I personally think that $3500-$4000 would be about right.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Agreed. Carbs certainly have the advantage if you don't live near a dealer.

I don't necessarily think tachs are overated--too much of a persoanal preference.

Still, information is good. :)

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, even more to think about. This will be my first bike in a while and I want a Ducati. And I am looking for something below $4500. This one seems nice looks like it has normal use but clean. It does have a shortened tail and mod. turn signals and clip-ons. Actually I think the instrument cluster was mod. and now has a tach.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Ask the owner if the tach was added, or if the entire cluster was modified. You want to be sure that the actual mileage is reflected on the speedo.

Sounds like it has some nice mods. Is the exhaust stock?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great question, I hadn't even thought about the speed-o being changed out and not rep. original miles. Thanks. I do think the exhaust is stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.