Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I could have sworn that I had a full cover on my airbox... I took a look at it and looks like someone took a hacksaw to it and opened it up.. Did they do this when they intalled my High mounts?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Did you ask for an air box mod when they installed the pipes.... Did you pay for an air box mod????

I wouldn't think they would do it on their own unless you bought the whole " kit", pipes, open airbox, and PCIII, in one package deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. The highmounts are supposed to flow better and part of that is boosting the intake. I am sure there is probably some sort of high flow aftermarket filter in there as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
No I paid for the hrs that it took to install the highmounts.. Thats it.. on top of that.. I had the 600 mile service (free). But it didn't say new airfilter or open airbox or chip installed... Might have gotten the kit though you are right... Thanks
Did you ask for an air box mod when they installed the pipes.... Did you pay for an air box mod????

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Covert installation of high-performance products, exucuted by a crack team of Italian engineers roving the US....

er, yea. Pass me the Chianti.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Sounds kind of fishy. I would ask them to replace my airbox cover. Maybe someone who works there didn

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Are you the only owner of this bike? Is it new?
Did you buy a pipe/box/ECU kit?
If it was a kit where is your stock box lid?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It is very common to remove the air-horn's and cut open the air box lids when upgrading the exhaust system. It exposes the air filter more and increases the air flow.

Other then the look, it's better for the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts