Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2000 M900S. Love the thing! So i'm now test riding in earnest. Thought I'd ask, what grounds out first? I've heard various comments, from the exhasut can to the header to the sidestand.

C

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in my experience the first things to touch on the S4 were the kickstand nubby and the stock cans. after to switching to hi pipes and cutting off the kickstand nub it was then the stock shifter/ brake levers and footpegs. since the stock pegs retract your levers get most of the grinding. after switching to S&P rearsets i haven't touched anything down since. heaven forbid i'm lunatic enough to push myself that far on a public road but the next thing to grind would have to be the stock header pipe... i'd like to imagine it would be scraping by the end of the day at a track session though. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep... mark's right about the order of dragging parts. beware when you get to grinding the headers. they're inflexible and as such act as a pivot to lever up your rear tire -> lowside!
the mufflers grind a bit with some degree of flexibility because of their slip-fit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good infor Mark. I'm guessing the situation will be similar , I mean S4 compared to 900S.
I'm looking for new pipes... and have sometimes heard the issue is the curve of the pipe right before the can, not the can. Sounds like for you, it was the can.
Appearance wise, I MUCH prefer low pipes. So I have been thinking about the SIL 2-1 low pipe, as at least if there is an issue it will only be on one side ;-).
Comments?
C

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up some older CF low mounts from Scott on this board.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good infor Mark. I'm guessing the situation will be similar , I mean S4 compared to 900S.
I'm looking for new pipes... and have sometimes heard the issue is the curve of the pipe right before the can, not the can. Sounds like for you, it was the

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have high cans and I always get the left side of the left foot on the ground 1st.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts