Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying the Sil CF high mount slipons (round). I'm looking at the ones offered from motowheels.com
I've never bought slip ons so my questions are,
1) If I get this from motowheels, aside from getting my Ducati shop to put them on and if need be remap or what not, is there anything I need to buy in order to put the slip ons on my bike,
2) Of course, can I get them anywhere for cheaper than 625.00?

Thanks guys (and ladies).

PS When did Herb become the butt of all the jokes on the board?

M

·
0 Posts
Re: What else do I need w/ a Sil high mount exhaus

They should bolt right on.
Mine "Slipped on" (I'm so original) easily.
And just do it yourself, it took me less then an hour and I don't think of myself as handy with tools.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but as of present, I am not at all mechanically inclined, I'm working on it. These will literally just bolt on? How do they go from being stock to being highmount?

S

·
0 Posts

I'm looking into buying the Sil CF high mount slipons (round). I'm looking at the ones offered from motowheels.com
I've never bought slip ons so my questions are,
1) If I get this from motowheels, aside from getting my Ducati shop to put them on and if need be remap or what not, is there anything I need to buy in order to put the slip ons on my bike,
2) Of course, can I get them anywhere for cheaper than 625.00?

Thanks guys (and ladies).

PS When did Herb become the butt of all the jokes on the board?
what year's your monster? if it's an '02 or later, you'll need to remove the emissions cannister from under the right-side cover. that black cannister that "bulges" a bit where your right footpeg assembly bolts to the frame. do a search on "emissions cannister" or "smog removal" and you'll see some threads on the topic including instructions. it's pretty easy.

as for the high-mounts, they connect to your existing header down below the footpegs where your OEM mufflers connect. high-mount slip-ons include tubing that routes them up high as shown in magnus' pic. nothing special you'll need to fabricate to make it happen.

as an aside, i'd recommend stocking up on metric tools. a hex key set, a set of box/open wrenches and their socket counterparts for a ratchet will cover almost everything you'd want to do to your bike.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yes, aside from different cans, exactly like that pic. I have a '03 620 dark.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

And you may have to play around with the tubing a bit to get them to line up evenly on both sides... it seems that every pair of Sils is different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts