Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new, so hello everyone, and thanks for all the valuable info in previous threads.

So many questions, but I'll start with these: What's the difference between a 2003 800Sie and 800ie? What would you expect to pay for the S version, used or new?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The S version includes everything the non-S does plus adjustable front suspension, aluminum swingarm, and the small fairing.

Don't know about the prices. You can check Wilson's (http://www.wilsonsmc.com/).

mitt

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking the S version also includes an adjustable tie rod in the rear

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
for 2003, i think the 's' has the aforementioned adj. front suspension, alum. swingarm, and headlight fairing... also it should have a passenger seat cowl (cover), rubberized footpegs, carbon fiber heel guards and side covers, as well as the more fancy (non-matte, more durable) paint job. for 2003 it's either a 'dark' or an 's' (i think). i thought only the s4 came with an adjustable tie rod? the 'dark' models are supposed to sit about an inch lower than the 's', due to a shorter tie rod, providing a more relaxed stance and less clearance. one of the only significant upgrades on my dark 03 800 is a 'tpo' tie rod, so if you go 'dark' you aren't locked in at a lower height forever. oh and the cowl looks nice...you can get one reasonably priced off of ebay or the like.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "s" also has better master cylinders and the all important, weighted bar ends!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 800-S does NOT have adjustable front suspension (fork). Only rear (preload, damping). The S has the aforementioned mini-fairing, painted seat cover and carbon fiber heel guards. The side pannels are NOT carbon fiber, just overpriced italian plastic. Foot-pegs are rubberized, and the swingarm is aluminum. My red 800S was $8200 out the door with included 600 and 6000 mile service.

The "s" also has better master cylinders and the all important, weighted bar ends!

I am not sure about the master cylinders (personally doubt it) but it does not come with weighted bar ends. Just simple plastic end-caps.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I should have specified the 1000s, which DOES come with Brembo Gold master cylinders, and DOES come with weighted bar ends.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The i.e. is the dark version, "S" is the red, yellow or black one. For 2004 the front fairing is not included on any 800.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to clarify they are both i.e.
which is just the Italian abrrev. for f.i.

Iniezione elettronica

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 800-S does NOT have adjustable front suspension (fork). Only rear (preload, damping).
Vasil if you look at your tie rod, are there nuts on each end of the rod? If there are then your tie rod is adjustable. If not then the the Duc spare parts is off or sumthin....

·
Registered
403 Posts
and here O thought it stood for SEXY! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts