Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you where anything under your helmet, like some kind of liner/bandana? To keep the helmet from stinking up?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just wear a bandana. I have a couple of helmet liners from when I go to the go kart track but I have never used those for riding on the bike. Both are cotton but it just keeps all of the sweat from getting into the helmet liner.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nada, with all my hair i don't think anything else would fit in my helmet. plus i never had a problem with it sticking, keep your stuff clean ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wear a bandana after working out so I don't stink up my $h!t

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I wear " helmet hair"!!! I have tried everything to not get helmet hair, but 2 times off with the helmet, my hair is flying every which way but loose!!!
My one HJC helmet must have a " mess your hair up real bad" liner in it!! cause when I wear that one, people look at me as if I were from outerspace!! I try to carry a hat with me, but I haven't found a hat I really like yet!
Maybe I should carry a brush and hairspray, lol, what a PIA, I always threaten my husband with shaving my head!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I wear " helmet hair"!!! I have tried everything to not get helmet hair, but 2 times off with the helmet, my hair is flying every which way but loose!!!
My one HJC helmet must have a " mess your hair up real bad" liner in it!! cause when I wear that one, people look at me as if I were from outerspace!! I try to carry a hat with me, but I haven't found a hat I really like yet!
Maybe I should carry a brush and hairspray, lol, what a PIA, I always threaten my husband with shaving my head!!! ;D
One of the few times where having very little hair is an advantage...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm loosing my hair at an alarming rate, so I generally keep it cut high and tight. I think in warmer temps, wearing anything under the helmet would interfere with it's ability to keep you cooler. I know on my X-11, I can feel cool air blowing through what's left of my hair. If I was wearing a doo rag, I wouldn't feel it at all. Plus, I really don't think doo raggs are all that cool... :-/

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wear a harley hat. I have been known to soak it in water before a track session or an Auguist ride.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
anyone with longer hair ever feel like the helmet will make you go prematurely bald? i say this because sometimes it feels like i'm pulling my hair when putting on my helmet.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
How do you guys get anything under there, mine fit too snug to get a hat under it??? I bought a nylon pull on beanie type thing, it is really thin, and that even makes my helmet almost too tight?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I just wash my liner about twice a year. Also, don't stick wet or sweaty gloves in the helmet after riding, makes it stink up real fast...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was told a trick by a woman who took care of her husband's sweaty helmet after a race - she put fresh towels in it with some of those dryer fresheners. Says it worked, although I've never tried it.

I've never had a problem with smelly helmet.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never had the sh!tty smellin helmet, but I have always took preventative measures.

Last summer I had a HJC that was a touch too big, so I wore the traditional Alabama Baseball Cap under it spun around backwards.

Over the winter I found that a toboggin/beanie was multi-functional and kept my ears warmer.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
A grin and Hair. The last part was just bragging since so many of my friends can no longer say the same.

Doc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts