Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Monster. This is the first bike Ihave had in 20 years which requires (IMHO) a full face helmet. In cold weather I am experiencing fog. I have done the Rain X thing. Does not last. I have also been doing some reading. Found some things like the Fog City inserts. They get fair reviews.

What do you members like for anti fogging?

Just for reference my helmet is an HJC AC11.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I crack the visor and deflect my breath when stopped. Seems ok when I'm moving.

I've heard the optional breath deflectors go a good job. Don't know if your helmet model offers one.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Same here, crack the visor in slow or stopped traffic, deflect your breath ( or don't breath!! :D). It isn't a problem at speed.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I use the RainX and have had no problems..... There was another thread on here about Anti Fog, someone used some other stuff and said, it worked well. You might want to search the threads.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
I use RainX but here in the "moist" winters I have to re-apply it frequently but it does make a difference. When I run out I'm going to try Cat Crap - it's an anti-fog wax for ski/snow gear goggles. I've heard it works great!

R

·
0 Posts
Fog city works great.

I have the light reactive one and it works wonders in soggy cold weather. Not having to open the face shield makes for a much warmer ride.

I would not recommend one for long periods of night riding as there is some light refraction.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
here is the link to the last discussion;

link

mitt

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I just got this stuff called 'Fog Off'. sprey bottle, comes with a soft lens cloth.. apply it to the inside of the visor about once a week. works pretty well. I suppose any of the 'anti-fog' solutions will work well

also, make sure the inside of the visor is clean (oils, dirt, other residue), so the water vapor doesn't have a good base to adhere to, it will not fog as easy.

M

·
0 Posts
I use RainX but here in the "moist" winters I have to re-apply it frequently but it does make a difference. When I run out I'm going to try Cat Crap - it's an anti-fog wax for ski/snow gear goggles. I've heard it works great!

I've got Cat Crap. It does not seem to prevent fogging but it definatly reduces the effect. Any fogging my breath forms on the inside clears while I inhale. The biggest problem with it is it does not last very long at all. Good for a couple of rides at best but since I clean my helmet pretty frequently its okay.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If I put cat crap in my helmet it would definitely help - I wouldn't want to breathe. ;D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Are those inserts good enough for "Pioneer Valley Fog?"

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just wear an open face helmet and don't have any problems that can't be fixed with a swipe of the thumb.

-Don

1 - 18 of 18 Posts