Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I've a Monster 1100s 2009 and IMO clip-ons give a race feel to the monster (better looks).

My problem is that I don't understand nothing of bike ergonomics... What I'm asking is for your experience with clip-ons, what brand model should I buy considering I'm 5'12 (182cm) tall.

Thank you....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I debated clip-ons for a time. I arrived at the conclusion that I'd have to invest in a high quality pair of adjustable rearsets in order to make them work comfortably and gain any real handling improvements. With factory forks you're pretty much restricted to mounting below the top clamp and getting a pair with at least some amount of rise to them. I'm around 6' as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I debated clip-ons for a time. I arrived at the conclusion that I'd have to invest in a high quality pair of adjustable rearsets in order to make them work comfortably and gain any real handling improvements. With factory forks you're pretty much restricted to mounting below the top clamp and getting a pair with at least some amount of rise to them. I'm around 6' as well.
I already use custom rearsets (not high quality, something I've to solve)... But regarding the clip-ons I was thinking in something like this. They have models that give 1 to 3 inch rise.

Don't know any other brand with the same amount of quality vs $$$

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah the Woodcraft seem to have some things going for them. Wide range of sizes. Parts availability, and not having to remove the forks is a plus too.

·
Registered
943 Posts
5 feet 12 inches is pretty tall. Pretty close to 6 feet, I bet.

Reactions: camufix

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 feet 12 inches is pretty tall. Pretty close to 6 feet, I bet.
Yap... Sorry 6 feet.... Don't normally use the imperial measures....

That's why I said that I'm 182cm 😅😅😅😅

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts