Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
"Ducati 750 900 Twins W/ Keihin Flat's FCR Flo Commander"

and

"Also air moving around the air box gives different pressures to each of the four carburetors"

hmmm... that inspires confidence...

big

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
pennyrobber said:
You guys have four carbs?!

My bike only came with two throttle bodies. I feel ripped off.
Yep you got ripped off. Even my BMW F 650 single cylinder thumper has two Mikuni CV carbs ( just as sucky as the ones on Ducatis). Of course that means to upgrade it costs almost as much as it did for my Monster. :mad:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Mark1305 said:
Yep you got ripped off. Even my BMW F 650 single cylinder thumper has two Mikuni CV carbs ( just as sucky as the ones on Ducatis). Of course that means to upgrade it costs almost as much as it did for my Monster. :mad:
<threadjack>
Mark, check here:
http://www.rotax.net/PDF files/DS650.pdf
Ron Wood knows how to make the Rotax mills *run*.
Call and tell Elliot that Nick sent you. [thumbsup]
pdf price list at the bottom of the page...
</threadjack>

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Speeddog said:
<threadjack>
Mark, check here:
http://www.rotax.net/PDF files/DS650.pdf
Ron Wood knows how to make the Rotax mills *run*.
Call and tell Elliot that Nick sent you. [thumbsup]
pdf price list at the bottom of the page...
</threadjack>
Yep, I have drooled over some of the stuff Ron Woods has done with/for Rotax 650s. I also noted a while back that Chris K has the correct FCRs for the F 650 available on his site. And actually they are a couple fo hundred cheaper than the 41s for Ducatis, but that's still almost as expensive.

To continue this threadjacking, I got a link a while back to a Canadian guy that built a F 650 race bike to meet Sound of Singles/AHRMA specs. Very interesting. If you've ever heard a big thumper ridden in anger on the track, you know it is as distinct as a Ducati's sound.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
<continued threadjack>

Mark1305 said:
Yep, I have drooled over some of the stuff Ron Woods has done with/for Rotax 650s. I also noted a while back that Chris K has the correct FCRs for the F 650 available on his site. And actually they are a couple fo hundred cheaper than the 41s for Ducatis, but that's still almost as expensive.

To continue this threadjacking, I got a link a while back to a Canadian guy that built a F 650 race bike to meet Sound of Singles/AHRMA specs. Very interesting. If you've ever heard a big thumper ridden in anger on the track, you know it is as distinct as a Ducati's sound.

Ron built a handful of these:

He had a local hotshoe ride this shop bike a couple times at Willow Springs, pretty effective at spanking TZ250's at the club level.
As I recall, the engine was one of his full tilt versions, in the neighborhood of 70 HP. [thumbsup]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts