Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my S4Rs I tried using some clear vinyl specifically marketed for motorcycle tank protection, just like the tankslapper.biz stuff that I used on my last bike. It came in sheets that I had to cut to fit. It was a royal pita to get it to move around while fitting each piece to the plastic tank. It didn't look all that great and one side blew off during a very hot summer day. Is there anything else available out there? I'd love to see some carbon fiber to fit the leg cups of these Monster tanks.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: What are you using for tank protection? Clear vinyl no so goo for plastic ta

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Might help to wipe down the tank with rubbing alcohol to remove any wax or contaminants first.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've got the Tankslapper 3M product on my S2R plastic tank and it has never even lifted a bit at the edges. I had the regular Tankslapper material on first and a plastic buckle on a vest I was wearing cut a hole through it. I wrote Tank slapper and they offered to replace it for free or upgrade me to the 3M product for a reduced price. Have had the 3M product on since and am very happy with it.

I like the tank stripe and did not want to hide it with a normal style protector...thus my choice for the Tankslapper.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses so far. The tech-spec stuff is really good (I have it on my GSX-R 750) but the way the Monster's tank is contoured means that Dean has to make them pretty small and they only protect a very small part of the side of the tank. I guess the tank slapper stuff is once again the only route to go??? There has to be something out there for a tank design that's 13-14 years old???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.