Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what your guys are paying for an 1100. Are there any deals out there? Just curious if there is much of a markup or if you're getting them at invoice or below.

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
er, these aren't chryslers. you want to pay a big mark-up? go buy a T-shirt...

i'm sure a few are getting a bit of a price break, but you are not exactly seeing tv ads for ducatis, since they are a very low volume manufacturer compared to the japanese big four.

i'd rather have the support of a good dealer than maybe save a few hundred more by shopping around.

just remember, if you have a real problem, your dealer is your best defense.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great advice! I was just kinda getting a feel for what people were getting before I go in to try and barter a deal with the local dealer here. I don't want to go in and give them something outrageous and I don't want them to try and "get me" if you know what i mean. They are out to make that $$$$$

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would expect to pay MSRP. They MIGHT offer a discount on accessories if you were to purchase right then & there with the bike. Good news is... the 1100 is WELL worth the $11,995 that they're getting for them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
obviously different dealers have differing incentives, but i think it's fairly common to get a break on accessories if you buy a bike.

as for what you end up actually paying, that is only part of the equation when you take into account accessories, parts & labour. that ducati performance catalog they supply with every new motorcycle is hard to resist... :)

i had problems with my last new bike and my dealer was everything i hoped for (you never need an umbrella when it doesn't rain...) so now i'm very loyal to them.

sure they are out to make money, but don't we also charge for what we do to enable us to buy what they sell? i personally want my dealer to be around in 5 years time.

if spending $$$ was only all about the money, i'd shop at wal*mart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even if you have to pay full retail, think yourselves lucky!
Here in NZ we get hammered for only being a small market. The Ducati importer is based in Australia and sells to NZ dealers at retail so they have to put their own margin on.
M1100 $11995 US = $17761NZ at todays exchange rate.
Our retail price is $22995NZ !

·
Registered
197 Posts
yep, have to agree with you.

i've lived in the US for fifteen years now, and when i moved from england i was shocked at how cheap cars and motorcycles were over here.

not to put my compatriots down, but anyone whining in the US about how expensive things are should drive a car in england (preferably in wales or the lake district( and fill up at the pump....

and all new riders are restricted to 125's before you can buy a bigger bike.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input fellas. They went to the dealer and they offered to let me have the 1100 for $11502 plus tax. I also have another dealer out of state give me a deal for $9000 for an 08' S2r1000 (0 miles). I'm stuck now trying to figure out which one to buy. What do you think?

·
Registered
197 Posts
assuming that you will get some sort of a deal in these tough times, it's very easy:

when you open the garage door, which bike do you want to see?

when you get off your bike and close the garage door, which bike do you want to look at?

how will you deal with that which is unknowable - i.e: you have major issues with your brand new bike?

there shouldn't be any regrets when you buy a new ducati :)

i have an outstanding local dealer. i'm very well looked after, and i support them by giving them all my business.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought an '09 1100S dealer demonstration bike with 1,200 miles (most of them by the dealership owner) and $900 worth of accessories and first service for $12,700. A demo bike comes with full warranty.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just thought I'd let everybody know. I paid $10,900 (plus tax) for my 1100 this past friday. Dealer was excellent. I'm sure they will take great care of me. Gave me all kinds of discounts on aftermarket equipment.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just thought I'd let everybody know. I paid $10,900 (plus tax) for my 1100 this past friday. Dealer was excellent. I'm sure they will take great care of me. Gave me all kinds of discounts on aftermarket equipment.
What was the OTD price? Did you have a trade-in?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My S was $12,700 OTD, no trade in.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
12.7 is a great deal on an S. They didn't have any S demos. Good way to spend all that tax free money your making! LOL... I'm happy with my brand new 1100. I called another dealer and asked what cash price OTD would be for a regular 1100, he gave me 13,345. WHAT!!!! and that was right across town.

·
Registered
117 Posts
12.7 is a great deal on an S. They didn't have any S demos. Good way to spend all that tax free money your making! LOL... I'm happy with my brand new 1100. I called another dealer and asked what cash price OTD would be for a regular 1100, he gave me 13,345. WHAT!!!! and that was right across town.
Yeah, I found one other dealer with a S demo, they wanted near MSRP for it, I told them no thanks. I was dead set on getting a silver standard knowing I'd be more than happy with the Showa suspension, and just lucked up on a great dealer that likes to move bikes.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear ya, I thought about getting the S, but decided I didn't need the ohlins as I'd probably never really need the adjustibility they give you. Other than the cool gold color... I know when I had my 999s I never even touched the forks as far as adjusting them and I did a few track days on it. Showa's good for what I'm doing. I'll spend that extra money saved on the exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys,

Any idea what would be the best OTD price for '09 or '10 Monster 696, here in SoCal? Things to consider - it's already Nov. 2009!!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was patient and found a great deal. I picked up a 1100s w/1500 miles, termi's and a DP fender elimnator for 10,700. Oh and still has 18 months of waranty left. Just couldn't pass it up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts