Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are crazy looking, they say they fit some street bikes,

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody with thier computer expertise, fit the one of these on a Monster??
The Kawa Z1000 has a similar headlight

G

·
cool eh? Those are freaked out dual-sport or naked cafe racer or supermoto headlights by Acerbis. Lot's of Monster and naked bike riders putting them on lately. Universal fit.

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to see one on a Monster!!! ;D

G

·
I made this for you last night, but it was deleted. I am not sure if the size is correct to scale. But I bet its close.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dennis, what's everyone think?? look gorky?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
not my cup of tea, but that shouldn't stop you. i love my big round freight train headlight, but, then again, i love my Napolean bar ends.

G

·
i've got side-by-side dual round headlamps on my monster, but am deciding to switch back to the one round unit... i dig the duals, but i really think that the single round headlamp is a styling characteristic that identifies the monster. call me traditional (ha!)...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've seen a picture of the acerbis supermoto fairing on a yellow monster (sorry, didn't keep the link). the shape looks good but you can tell it's a $90 fairing, looks cheap, especially the lights under the plastic shield.

if you want that look, for now you've got to pay the price for the roadracing alien ($700). www.roadracing.it

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh man, I just can't look at these things! But I guess that's the cool side of customizing. If we all bought the same parts out of the same catalog, our rides would all be the same, and that's not the nature of the Monster...

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
cool eh? Those are freaked out dual-sport or naked cafe racer or supermoto headlights by Acerbis. Lot's of Monster and naked bike riders putting them on lately. Universal fit.

Joe
Are you guys ( http://www.motostrano.com ) selling them?

G

·
i've got side-by-side dual round headlamps on my monster, but am deciding to switch back to the one round unit... i dig the duals, but i really think that the single round headlamp is a styling characteristic that identifies the monster. call me traditional (ha!)...

traditional

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have those very same Acerbis side-by-side duals fitted on my m750 dark (didn't want to fork over $300+ for a new headlight just yet). I put them on about 4 moths ago. With a little work I've made them look pretty good. I'll post some pictures over the weekend. A couple of caveats:

First of all, the "universality" of these lights is limited to the rubber straps included in the kit. These unfortunately do not suffice. Instead I fabricated some triangular brackets using a hacksaw and some hard plastic (off a honda rear mudguard), in order to attach the light to the existing headlight brackets.. Secondly, I had to clip off the headlight wiring top unit (the little black box) and rewire. I don't have highs v. lows anymore. Just on/off.

On the good side, I took off the white sticker, sanded down the plastic and painted the sucker flat black all over. it looks really aggressive, both from the side and straight on. lots of R6'rs ask about it for some reason. Fortuitously, the little mini fairing reaches just to the top of the speedo and looks custom built for the bike. slightly smaller than in Dennis' digitized rendition.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Hey Mojak,

Can't wait to see some pics.

Are you using the windshield? I like the looks of the headlight assembly, but I

1 - 20 of 27 Posts